or Connect

Posts by mcflip

keep in mind that I'm going to assume that 75% of that 36% (so what... that leaves all but 9%) of tattooed people out there are frat boys/sorority girls with bad kanji on their shoulder blades, or some weird tribal sun thing in a similarly remote part of their body. I mean, no judgement on my part, but most people responding to these surveys probably don't fall under the "looks like a greaser" umbrella. The go to Padre and get ripped to the tits and get tazmanian devils...
cycling will kill the crotch of your jeans no matter what. It's just a matter of when. The crotch on my SD103s just blew, but I repaired them as best I could and reinforced the other side. I could post pics, but you're better off searching for the thread on here or the other SF about denim repair. I just used the method championed by 45rpm
I have big cycling thighs and boxer-briefs are the way to go. Boxers only protected me from my pants and my jonx was never too stoked on the lack of support. Briefs allowed my thighs to rub together if I was wearing baggy cargos or riding my bike. My $.02 on boxer briefs: I had some 2(x)ists and was meh about them. I used to rock Hilfigers religiously (I don't sag, so no one except the occasional lady saw them) but in the last few seasons, the fit and...
The selvage (or "shuttle denim" as they refer to it) was from last year. I found a couple pieces at the Freehold store but they were odd sizes and ugly washes. They actually do have a raw skinny jean now. It was a straight/slim cut and it had blue/non-contrasty stitching. They were pretty nice, especially for $40, but I have more than enough jeans so I just ended up getting chinos and a hat.
I'm in the same boat. I used to be a thrift store junkie in the worst way. I lucked into buying some Orange Tab 505s years ago and became accostomed to them. I went into a department store and grabbed some 501s when my 505s wore out and they were just never right. I then jumped on the Diesel bandwagon and got some dark Keetars (probably the most sensible and non-fashionista of their line) about 5 years ago, but those eventually wore out and when I went into the Diesel...
I used to rock Murray's which has the consistency of candle wax. I'd smear a tiny amount on my hands and run them under water that was as hot as I could stand so it wouldn't be so clumpy. That stuff is disgusting and would make a mess of my pillows. I kind of got over my post-ironic grooming product phase and use Tigi's "Bed Head" stick. It's kind of like a stick of deodarant (but obviously made of hair wax) that you rub along your hair. I love it because it gives...
I have some Original Penguin Polos which fit amazing, but it seems any that I've found from this season seem to be cut fuller. Last month I bought a couple from Nordstrom Rack without trying them on and they were a bit off. I compared them to my older Penguins and the new ones are 1" wider when laid flat. They're fuller cut and most of them list $10-$15 cheaper than last seasons. I'd assume they're trying to go more mainstream and appeal to a different market (a'la...
... white canvas Vans slip ons or Jack Purcells? Urban only has darker-colored slip ons and I can't find any shops with Jack Purcells besides I Goldberg. Unfortunately they only have them through size 5. Any help is appreciated.
there are different types of denim available, the 203s and 303s are the same cut, just different denim, no hidden rivets and different topstitching in some cases. All their jeans are selvage. The waist will stretch out a bit after it's soaked, so definitely size down 1. I'm a true 34, I fit into sz32 diesels and I got a 34" SD103s. I could have gotten away with the 33s as the low rise causes the waist to slip off when I'm not rocking a belt.
I have like 8-900 LPs, 400 7"s and maybe 50 10"s (not to mention a smattering of weird, novelty sized records) I still prefer them to CDs. They just seem more substantial and precious, and there's something about having to be an active participant in listening to a record (finding it, putting it on the platter, cueing it up, flipping it, as opposed to bringing up a playlist) The new trend in vinyl is including coupons for free MP3 downloads, which is awesome, so I...