or Connect

Posts by audiophilia

Bron/Broen Season 1 Writing, acting, story, filming home run. Go with the Danish/Swedish original not the US remake 'The Bridge'. Unique in many ways and much more than just 'Scandi Noir'. Lots of twists and turns and a leading lady that you won't soon forget. Available on HuluPlus
The Hateful Eight 8/10 Agatha Christie in a Wyoming snowstorm as directed by Hitchcock. Well, not quite. But Quentin Tarantino's 8th film is another humdinger with quality storytelling filmed with superb technique, capturing fine performances. Wickedly funny at times and plenty gory most of the time, it's not for the faint of heart. But if you love great writing and Tarantino's style, this almost three hour film is for you.
3rd time. 3D, IMAX 3D, 2D. 3D is usually a negative for films IMO (except for Life of Pi, where it was magical). Same magic, here. 2D good, but the space scenes have real grandeur in 3D. Beautifully done. Finally got my fill after viewing number three, but pre ordering on iTunes. Sure, it's derivative as hell, but who cares. Brilliant stuff. And compared to the last three -- miserable, ugly turgid pieces of crap, all three -- a masterpiece.
Correct. An amalgam. And sounds just like early Class D.
The best derivative movie in history. Some truly spectacular scenes that work beautifully in 3D and some with real poignancy. Will see again Xmas Day.
Yes. At length. 'A new engineering that outperfoms all existing systems' Incorrect. 'The best wireless speaker in the world.' Possibly. That's not saying much. It's Class D amplification and sounds it. Class D has come a long way, but this is brawn and sexy over subtlety and nuance. Not for me, I'm afraid.
Avis/YYZ (no longer available)Fox/DEN and LAXNo where else.
Girl rented one a few times. Drove it all over CA and NY State. So good, got so much attention, the reasons she purchased one.
For 15 years. After surgery and now wife's choice, now this. Don't ask! Actually, lots of fun, very comfortable and lots of tech. For the price, a steal.
Wine served at a Christmas party. Very surprised. Inexpensive but with lots of complexity. A lovely minerality on the nose and tasted like quality fruit. Will drink again. CAD$17.50 a bottle. Since moving out here, finding lots of wonderful Okanagan surprises.