Posts by GBR

I think flannel is simply too heavy even for the UK. Most office buildings are air conditioned which enable there to be a temperature appropriate to the day. Whereas heavy-weight cloths drape well, this creates no basis for their use hence one rarely sees them. For the middle east I would suggest that you avoid even workhorse 10/11oz cloths and stay in the 8/9oz range. If you have a cutter who can handle su-8oz then one or two (at most) is sensible. Remember that not all...
There is always a case for all of us to reduce what we have in our wardrobes so go ahead, you'll not regret at all.
I think that you have the right idea with what you suggest, pants etc. For a small informal wedding in the present parlous financial position of Greece caused by the EU that will be good. The temperature as I recall in Greece will be very high so a suit would be too much anyway Enjoy the day. PS At least we will be out of the wretched EU by 2019!
You have the best idea for RTW, the cut of different ranges will be quite different frequently and so try several to see which bests fits your body. be careful of online MTM, interpretations of measures are fraught as MTM is only a case of adjusting a suit to a standard block and that may or may not be best for you. I believe both Edwin de Boise and Tom Mahon off MTM along side the MTM offer and they do know what they are doing in taking measurements. I think that both...
Suit Supply seems to have a less bad name here, but as you would appear to be in the UK have you looked at Marks and Spencers which does have a reasonable name and Tom Mahon of English Cut speaks well of them. They will be cheaper than these but that does not make them of lower quality in reality. Some of their suits use cloth from decent sources. None disclose the weight of the cloth or whether any is have lined and so that marker is not available. I would see all...
Online MTM can be fraught with danger as many threads testify, I use Ascot Chiang in Hong Kong (and have for 25 years) but they do have a pattern specifically for me. I am also in Hong Kong pretty frequently and so it can be adjusted as my shape changes, usually for the worse! Perhaps better to search through each of those makes on here to see if one smells less than the others. One piece of advice though, buy just one first time to establish how they interpret your...
Plenty on the internet about them and even a couple of threads on here (try Search). Our of curiosity I did. "You can spot a Sawyer pretty easily, as they used larger, higher quality pelts (California Spring Lamb...big panels/less seams), high quality stitching (not this wrapped stitch crap that is a telltale sign of many imports), horn buttons (though many accounts opted to use leather or plastic buttons). Not a stiff coat, but usually a bit heavier shearling than what...
Get on and wear them.
Now only seen with evening dress.
Don't have to be blue, the style determines that, not the colour.