Posts by GBR

Interesting, makes a change to have some photos of a suit being made once again. VBC is OK and this appears to be a good start to meet your requirement. The only concern that I might have is that the right sleeve appears a tad short but at this stage it is not a concern but might be worth mentioning to provoke a discussion. Who is the tailor?I hope that you will post photographs at the forward fitting and when it is complete, those are always interesting. Thanks for...
The link to Fleebay doesn't work but if you have followed the suggested means of authentication above then that is the answer. If you want certainty then don't buy second hand or from merchants who sell on Fleebay. For every honest Fleebay vendor there are probably 10 who aren't especially selling the so-called 'high end' range of clothes. Supposed because it is merely the label that you are buying, the actual good is just a piece of tat.
It would be worth following his advice, very much an informal suit but welcome variety.
I am not comparing the TST touts to Saville Row, merely using them as exemplars of the extremes. I would agree that many tradesmen not just tailors in HK tell lies, one must simply form a judgement as to which is which.So, some out workers are good, others, bad. Quite so.Your objective is to try to gather some of the decent ones together it seems.However there are other things in life and so, I tend to work the other way around; I start from the outputs I want and their...
'Altered' because they don't fit or "made", bit of a difference. You might be better changing the header from your name to what you actually want to talk about.
What point are you trying to make with all these rambling posts, with pretty colours emphasising sundry points?We all know that that many "tailors" in Hong Kong use sweat shops, many Saville Row tailors use 'out workers' who are just freelances. So, one might hit lucky and find a work room at the upper end of the market, you might also hit one which is at the bottom end (most are), that is choice. What do you think that the Asia touts at the likes of Star Ferry,...
Yes you should but why not send this image from IG to Tom Ford.......If they can't tell you, then rake round all the stores and concessions Google reveals. There is no magic way, as I say all my black magic aids are unavailable.
That really is far too many sub brands to market successfully. Confusing at best, and does not define what "Ralph Lauren" actually stands for, leading to confusion and lost sales if someone buys the cheapest, realises that it is cheap and steers away from anything marked 'Lauren' as a result. All that said, in clothing and opposed to marketing territory, all you buy is an over hyped label which is not worth the money!
Probably, but is there something special about it that pushes you to buy some old second hand thing whose history you don't know?