Posts by GBR

Not sure whether you want to know the names of more tailors or opinions on these two. If you had used the 'search' facility you would have found a thread of some size dedicated to Chan. Edwin and Matthew de Boise have a good name by all accounts although I have neither patronised them nor even seen an example of their wares in the cloth.
If you like it, keep it. It is worth what anyone will pay for it. There is no table for the worth of second hand clothes.
Baste and forward is usually sufficient with top end tailors, a third fitting if you are an odd shape. If something is amiss at the collection fitting few would refuse to deal with such a thing. Too many fittings especially if one is in HK for a relatively short time can be trying.
Just wear it as one would any casual jacket. There is no reason why it demands special consideration.
Are you a tailor for whom this is an advertisement?
To help you, earth. /No occasion requires black Oxfords, life has moved on the twenty first century and such notions even in the legal profession (were one eschew court dress of course) the learned judge would find himself able to hear counsel despite not wearing such shoes.Mrs May is not so stuffy and even Government Ministers appear in Parliament with shirts of other colours, so that goes out of the window as well. I would be sure that Frau Merkel would also consider the...
[/ There is a danger of over thinking this: What you need to be careful about is what the selection could say about you. For example, grey/plain blue combinations would give the appearance of a security agent of minimal standing or a door keeper in, heaven forfend, a low end hotel! COLOR][/Blue can however come in various weaves, eg a discrete herringbone is unlikely to be that of a door keeper. COLOR]
Just polish then with an appropriate coloured polish regularly: All these other unctions and potions are a waste of money, the shoes will readily outlast their welcome without the pampering as suggested here.
Not worth fretting about if that is the worst you have.
What is wrong with skin that it has to be covered so? Skin is natural and it is almost inevitable that it can be seen. I don't wear socks at all and no one has any problem with that; if anyone thinks me eccentric, good on them![COLOR]