or Connect

Posts by southbound35

Got mine a few weeks ago and never noticed this. I think my handles are oriented in the same direction they were when I got the bag (with the brown (not the really dark brown) out).Love the bag. It's the perfect size for a 13" laptop and few other small items (notebooks, iPad, umbrella, cords, pens, etc.).
Agreed. It appears more green than blue on my screen.For a church wedding, a more simple (or less "busy") tie is preferred. The blue/green of the first tie is presumably a different shade from the navy and should pop on a white shirt. If you were to wear a blue shirt, the blues would probably appear a bit muddled.In my opinion, a textured striped tie is a step or two down the formality scale and not something I would wear to a relatively formal (i.e., church wedding...
Agreed.
Cross post from the "Ask a question" thread. Can someone please identify the vintage of this Polo Ralph Lauren suit for sale on eBay? Not sure which set of numbers indicates which year/season.
Can someone please identify the vintage of this Polo Ralph Lauren suit for sale on eBay? Not sure which set of numbers indicates which year/season.
My girlfriend and I have been invited to her cousin's wedding in Houston, mid-March. It's a church wedding and country club reception. The dress is black tie optional. Would a charcoal windowpane suit be dressy enough? Or do I need to stick with solid charcoal or navy (since I don't plan to wear a tuxedo)? The pics below are close approximations of what I have. I'm in the process of losing weight and would rather not buy a suit that might only be worn once. But,...
Hello, I'm in need of a charcoal (preferably) or navy suit. In reality, I would probably measure to a 47S; but, since that beast is a rare find, I will probably opt for a 48R or a roomy 46R. Need pants that will let out to 42". I would prefer a quality maker, say Brooks Brothers 1818 or better. I would prefer new, but would consider lightly used if in good condition and not significantly altered. My preference is single-breasted, two button (or 3/2), double vent...
+1. Mine is en route to my parents' house in Oklahoma (it was a Christmas gift from them). Then I'll have to wait one more day for them to ship to Dallas. Should receive mid/late next week. Hopefully, a pic of yours will tide me over until mine arrives.
Interested to see pics of your "blue" suede Dovers. I considered pulling the trigger on that very pair. I was told the petrol color was a bit of a blue-green and I decided to hold out for a true navy.
Very good news (see below). Tough call on the 256 vs. 257. I've got a Mullholland Brothers bag roughly the same size as the 257 that I've been using for years. Since, most days, all I'm carrying is a laptop and few other small items, it's too big. But, I think the 257 would be great for when I travel for business and need to carry more items along with my laptop.