or Connect

Posts by southbound35

My go-to interview shoe has always been my Alden 9015 (Cordovan punch cap bal). Here's a pic of another poster's 9015's (on the right): Here's a pic from The Alden Shop If you prefer black, the 9016 is the black shell cordovan equivalent. However, you mentioned you're buying your "first dress shoes" and that you "want to get something that's good"; I think, in the long run, you would be happier with the burgundy color over the black. It's much more...
Quote: Originally Posted by RichardKunin Hey guys, today was my anniversary, and my wife got me a Tag Heuer Link. What do you think? I think your wife obviously put some time, money, and thought into this anniversary gift. Regardless of other watches you may or may not buy in the future, this one will always be special. Quote: Originally Posted by VMan I think the styling of the watch is better complimented by a metal band...
Quote: Originally Posted by chas I think you could pull it off but you would really have to own it. Quote: Originally Posted by Miguel Antonio Also, isn't it obvious I have to own a pocket watch to be able to use it? By "really have to own it", I believe chas means that you need to be able to make using a pocket watch seem effortless and nothing out of the ordinary. To be honest, I think it would be pretty...
Dissenting vote. I wouldn't wear brown shoes with the black sweater/grey pants combo.
I vote "no" based on Quote: Originally Posted by morse ...bluchers technically should not be worn with a suit... Just my preference, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by antirabbit So, Does this change the inseam? say you have a pair of pants sitting where they should on your waist, and the inseam is perfect, but there is too much in the crotch, this will simply make the fit superior? I am going to go to my tailor on Monday if this is the case. Before I state my opinion, please know I am not a tailor. Further, there are plenty of non-tailors on this board who are more...
I wouldn't wear them with dress pants. That isn't to say they can't be. But, they seem much better suited for a denim look than dress pants. Neiman's description says "Finish your easygoing look with this polished boot.". That's the way I see them.
Quote: Originally Posted by GuP So shortening the rise = shortening the crotch length? ANd how exactly does a tailor go about doing this? Doesn't the zipper get in the way as the zipper on the pants I tried on is fairly long. Think of it this way--from front to back, the seam forms a "U". Shortening the rise is essentially cutting off a portion of the top of the "U". This is done when the pants fit well through the crotch/hips, but go...
Quote: Originally Posted by GuP Is it feasible to tailor the crotch of dress pants for a better fit? I would suppose that this would be very difficult as the zipper would get in the way of shortening the crotch for a more snug fit. Thoughts? It is feasible to tailor the crotch of dress pants for a better fit. It's actually a pretty common alteration. The alteration is typically done at the seam where the front half of the pants meets the...
You should have taken a pic and passed it on to this website: http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com/