or Connect

Posts by southbound35

Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum I believe those are C&J Belgraves. ¡Gracias!
Not sure who maintains the shoe wiki, but the Avebury is not included. I did see the style using a google images search, but can't link to the pics as AAAC is blocked at my workplace. http://images.google.com/images?gbv=...+jones+avebury
Quote: Originally Posted by aloepathic What type of socks are those? While you're at it, PG, what are the brogued captoes?
Quote: Originally Posted by longskate88 Say something like an accounting internship, maybe an insurance company during and after college. Not very fashionable folks in general. Those shoes don't fly for an accounting or insurance interview. As mentioned above, black captoe laceups are what you need.
For what type of job are you interviewing?
I carry my stuff around thusly... http://shopmulholland.com/product.htm?Product=AL307-LAR
Quote: Originally Posted by ArliHawk` Go to a quality optician and try on a lot of frames. +1. I'd add to go to several quality opticians and try on a lot of frames. When you've found "the one", you'll know it.
Based on reading previous JAB threads, it seems many think their top line, Signature Gold, is a good value if bought at steep discount. If that line is included and you need some suits, I would certainly consider it. I bought a sportcoat from that line last year ($795 retail, paid $135 + alterations) and am pleased with it. On a semi-related note, their Harris tweed sportcoats are currently 70% off (through 12/30, I believe), so $148 from $495. I was talking to a...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley the way I see if, if you're popping it because it's part of your style or you're cold, that's fine. But if you're doing it to try to be "cool," trust me, you'll be more of a DB than anything. It's a fine line. With some people, you know they are trying to hard, others don't come across that way. Just don't fall into the first camp and you'll be fine. Quote: Originally Posted by James...
Quote: Originally Posted by stills999 I've recently upgraded my office shoes. Online for about $175 each, I got the Allen Edmonds Warren (brown) and Allen Edmonds Westwood (black). Being in South Florida with lots of rain, I chose these shoes for their rubber soles (know some people here don't prefer rubber, but I'm happy). Anyway, I'd like to get a third pair of more formal leather-sole shoes for events such as dressing up a night, formal company...