or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by southbound35

Based on reading previous JAB threads, it seems many think their top line, Signature Gold, is a good value if bought at steep discount. If that line is included and you need some suits, I would certainly consider it. I bought a sportcoat from that line last year ($795 retail, paid $135 + alterations) and am pleased with it. On a semi-related note, their Harris tweed sportcoats are currently 70% off (through 12/30, I believe), so $148 from $495. I was talking to a...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley the way I see if, if you're popping it because it's part of your style or you're cold, that's fine. But if you're doing it to try to be "cool," trust me, you'll be more of a DB than anything. It's a fine line. With some people, you know they are trying to hard, others don't come across that way. Just don't fall into the first camp and you'll be fine. Quote: Originally Posted by James...
Quote: Originally Posted by stills999 I've recently upgraded my office shoes. Online for about $175 each, I got the Allen Edmonds Warren (brown) and Allen Edmonds Westwood (black). Being in South Florida with lots of rain, I chose these shoes for their rubber soles (know some people here don't prefer rubber, but I'm happy). Anyway, I'd like to get a third pair of more formal leather-sole shoes for events such as dressing up a night, formal company...
Quote: Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777 I think the suit looks great. I don't mind a shorter fit, especially on a double breasted; keeps it more modern to me. I wish I had been able to grab a 40 R in something As others mentioned, it fits well and the price is wonderful. But, I disagree with Morningstar; I think the double breasted-ness of the suit calls more attention to the fact that it's a bit short.
Quote: Originally Posted by the_economist So a few days ago I was in San Francisco on an informal outing with my wife for the day. Is that what they're calling them these days? What is the daily rate in SF for a "wife for the day". Nice story.
Dissenting vote. I'm firmly in the narrower tie with the narrow lapel camp.
Ten years after graduation, I would still see two good friends on occasion. Went to the ten year reunion and chatted with people I hadn't chatted with in exactly one decade; it was great to see them and hear what had happened and was going on in their lives. Nine years, later, I haven't spoken (other than in passing if I to ran into them) to any of them other than the same two friends. I plan on attending my 20-year next year, chatting them up, then ignoring them for...
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffClavin I purchased a couple of items from them and unfortunately they were junk. I ended up donating them once I was able to upgrade my garments. The Signature Gold line is OK, but at that price point, I would probably look at some other options first. I think their shirts are met with positive feedback, but my experience has soured me from their line. Agreed. The Signature Gold line isn't bad and can be...
No, but I live in Texas. This week has been the first week in DFW so far this fall when it has been cold enough to consider flannel.
Not a fan. However, the Pliner shoes will be of higher quality than the ones you linked on overstock.com.
New Posts  All Forums: