or Connect

Posts by southbound35

All appear to be very nice wallets. I prefer the open end of the "flap" on the left side of the Launer; I believe it makes bills more accessible. Even though it is doubtful you plan to use it as a checkbook, my guess is that model is made that way for writing checks with carbonless duplicate paper.
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggskip Cotton Khaki in the summer. This was the first thing that came to my mind. It would look even better with a stone color.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac They are both made superbly but I have to give the edge to Edward Green aesthetically. It's a combination of where the seam is placed on the shoe and how well it is finished. "The Dover Man" is THE man. +1 Based strictly on the pictures posted, I prefer the EG. As Tarmac said, for me, it's the seam placement.
Quote: Originally Posted by mxgreen What is the neck size and sleeve length of the OCBD large? While you're measuring, RL, what is the chest measurement?
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma Wait, can I buy this thread?? Meant to post this in the Men's Style forum, then subsequently found a thread about this very subject. Mods, please feel free to remove this thread. My apologies.
I did a brief search and didn't see this subject addressed. I would like to buy a white and a pink OCBD shirt. I was contemplating having Jantzen make up one, then tweak a bit for the second, before moving on to CEGO once my measurements are more zeroed in. I realize the trad norm is to have a pocket (or even a flap pocket for the ultra-trad), but can anyone offer reasoning (other than "that's the way it is") for my not having an OCBD made without pockets?
Quote: Originally Posted by Sid http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Florshei...3A1%7C294%3A50 8.5 is close... Did someone on this forum buy these shoes? Just curious. They sat for several days with one $9.99 bid. I was semi-interested in buying them and made a $25 bid in the last minute or two of the auction. They ended up going for $32 + $16 shipping.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac I don't remember them ever being $300. They were $450 minimum. You may be right. I thought I recalled some forumites getting RLPL EG's in the $300-400 range.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 They still sell them at EG + the GBP is trading low Very true. I was holding out for the next RL ultra giveaway sale on their EG RLPL shoes. Even with the pound trading low, I doubt EG prices will be in the $300 range.
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 Next they had what I thought to look like a dark oak colored MacKay, less the 888 shape. It appears I may have waited too long to pull the trigger on Mackays. I love the 888 shape.