or Connect

Posts by southbound35

When I purchased via gilt.com final sale, I thought these were cotton chino pants. They are a heavy weight wool twill. Very nice, fit well, seem to be a true 40. Just not what I need currently. Wanting to sell/ship at my cost. For sale: $65 each shipped CONUS (Paypal). On edit: To answer two questions sent via PM. -The pants are made in Italy. -The pants are definitely not a summer weight. I'd say they're similar in weight to a medium weight flannel. 1. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by dclloyd And how does he come up with "You can wear blue or checked shirts during the day, but make sure you only wear white for evening occasions"?? Is this a rule I'm unfamiliar with? Ok if we're talking black tie but otherwise? The "white after 7" rule has been around forever. It's a bit dated, but I tend to follow it for more formal occasions like a wedding.
Not sure if you'd be interested in merino sweaters and not how sure how deep of a v-neck you want; but, there are some Adam brand merino v-neck sweaters on sale at the gilt.com site.
Quote: Originally Posted by southbound35 Interesting question to which I do not know the answer. I watched a few episodes of the first season of "Brotherhood" (Showtime's organized crime/political series) over the weekend. In at least one of the episodes, a high-level labor union representative wore a black band "mourning" the loss of a union member who met an untimely death from the business end of a shovel. That series' setting is roughly current, so...
Interesting question to which I do not know the answer. I watched a few episodes of the first season of "Brotherhood" (Showtime's organized crime/political series) over the weekend. In at least one of the episodes, a high-level labor union representative wore a black band "mourning" the loss of a union member who met an untimely death from the business end of a shovel. That series' setting is roughly current, so I presume some people still follow the tradition. In this...
Quote: Originally Posted by atct86 I found this jacket 50% off in Black, size 40s. I never wear jackets, so it fit pretty good over just a shirt. However it was a little constrained when lifting my arms. But i decided to buy it. So when i try and open close the car doors while sitting down, and swip into my garage i feel that the jacket is going to rip. However it may be stretching out and adjusting. If the jacket is "constrained" when...
White.
Quote: Originally Posted by atct86 What would be an example of a lower vamp? How does that affect the shoe? Quote: Originally Posted by atct86 I just found of these at TJ maxx for $30. Cole-Haan Cabrillo II. Any opinions? Are they too tan or shiny for jeans? This shoe has a lower vamp; not sure why I prefer that look--I just do. I still think the shiny finish makes them too dressy for jeans. I'd suggest...
Quote: Originally Posted by atct86 What about these? Allen-edmonds Burke in Tan I am tending to lean towards slip ons. I think you're on the right track; that one is more in the jeans level of formality. I like penny loafers, but prefer something with a lower vamp than that style. +1 on not digging the two-tone.
Quote: Originally Posted by atct86 what about these? I think those are much closer to your Alden loafer end of the spectrum than your boat shoe end. IMO, they're a bit too dressy for jeans.