or Connect

Posts by southbound35

Sounds like you've got two nice presents headed your way.Thanks. Looking forward to seeing how they age. I have a few pairs of Alden in #8 shell that have aged beautifully over the years, but this is my first foray into natural shell. Just got them today.
My tailor calls that a jean hem. I just tell him how wide I want the hem to be (usually 1" or 1 1/4"). I would definitely take another pair to show as an example so there is no misunderstanding over terminology. Personally, I don't think a blind stitch is suitable for chinos; to me, it just looks "off"; YMMV. I go with a blind stitch (or cuff) on dress pants and a jean hem on chinos.
I really like the look of those Club Monaco suede beefrolls. Waiting for the next discount window to order a pair.I doubt the strap part of the shoe will stretch much, if any. The sides might stretch a bit and ease the tightness on the top. Would your feet be swimming in them if you ordered a size up?
I ordered a pair of the cordovan venetian loafers from Brooks Brothers during the 30% off corporate card sale. I intended to order the tan, but my salesperson ordered them in black. The black ones really look great, but I don't need a black loafer. I called BB customer service and now have a tan pair on the way. Now that I've seen the black ones in person, I'm even more excited about the tan ones. If anyone is interested in the black cordovan venetian loafer in an...
Same here. If anyone received a card and doesn't plan to use it, I would gladly accept the coupon code via PM. I've been waffling on buying a blazer and the 40% discount would be enough to get me off the fence. I bought a few items during the 30% corporate event and should have bought it then.
If anyone is interested in a navy medium travel at bag at 30% off (plus whatever it costs to ship it to you), let me know. I ended up ordering two of them after they sold out online during the Brooks Brothers 30% off corporate sale.
Thinking about ordering the Cordovan Venetian Loafers from the Brooks Brothers 30% off Corporate Sale. Planned on ordering TTS unless I hear I need size up or down.
What size are they? I might consider taking the beefrolls off your hands for what you paid for them plus postage and a bit for your trouble.
Personally, I think they're a bit too long and I'm not normally a "shorter the better" proponent. If they're cotton, I'd wear and either wash/dry clean (whatever you plan to do with them) a time or two and make sure they don't shrink a bit on their own before altering.
I read somewhere in this thread that Filson would provide a luggage grip for the 256 if requested. A few weeks ago, I called their customer service line and asked if I could possibly purchase one. The customer service representative wasn't sure if that was something they could do, but said he would get in touch with the production department. He took my contact/shipping info and said someone would get back to me. I hadn't heard from them since then, so I thought...