or Connect

Posts by southbound35

I didn't want to be the first to poo-poo the jacket. I would agree that it's a bit of a weird pattern; but it is kind of "fun". If you have several sportcoats and want to wear this one as an occasional change of pace, I could see a use for it. But, like Wired suggested, I'd wait until sale season to pick it up. Not a piece I'd pay anywhere close to retail for.
Thanks for the heads up. I wish more people would post when they find a "deal" on Filson product.
SOLD Bought this tie from SpoopOker on his recent Luxe Swap "Premier Sale". I really, really like it, but the fact that it's 3" wide (maybe a smidgen wider - see pic with ruler) makes it too narrow for this wide-body. http://www.styleforum.net/t/307841/luxeswap-official-affiliate-thread/8640#post_7408267 Since I had never seen (or heard of) a Kiton reversible cashmere tie, I did a bit of Google-ing to see if I could learn anything about it. Here are a couple of...
Definitely worth paying a bit of a premium to get exactly what you want sometimes. Both sound like great shirts.
Like it all, especially those tankers.
Yeah, I was on the fence with these. But, the 40% off $199 made me pull the trigger.Wore them for the first time today. They are ridiculously comfortable. Nice and snug without being tight. Hope they don't stretch too much.Wish I had the same luck with the suede penny loafers. They were just too tight and, thus, can be found in B&S.
If you plan to wait for the Brooks Brothers 40% off in December, make sure you find out which day the baggage/accessories sale goes live and place your order soon after midnight EST of that day. Inventory moves quickly. I recall the bag I wanted (navy 256) was sold out by mid-morning last year; fortunately, the person who was buying it for me as a gift stayed up late to order after midnight.
Recently acquired navy ranger mocs from Club Monaco.
I dig.Did you have those MTO or were they a special makeup for a retailer?
I recently purchased a pair of size 8.5M lined tan suede penny loafers from Club Monaco (made by Rancourt & Co.). They are unused with the exception of trying them on. I really like the shoes. Unfortunately, the fit is simply too snug. I would say they fit closer to a 8.0M than a 8.5M. I have other Rancourts (a natural shell venetian from Brooks Brothers, a brown CXL penny loafer from Massdrop, and a navy CXL ranger moc from Club Monaco) in size 8.5M, all of which fit...