or Connect

Posts by southbound35

I'm sure it's been discussed multiple times in this thread, but I didn't find the answer I was looking for after a brief search. I have two pairs of Rancourts (one Chromexel penny loafer and one cordovan venetian loafer) that are about ready for a resole. Is it recommended to send back to Rancourt or is it OK to use a reputable local cobbler? I don't want to void the possibility of my having a recraft (or, what they call a premium refurbish) done later if they won't...
A couple of Alden styles on sale at Sid Mashburn. #8 Full Strap Penny - Size 11 - $495 - looks like it may be a lower vamp model (similar to Brooks Brothers), but I'm not sure. http://www.sidmashburn.com/sale/footwear/cordovan-alden-full-strap-penny-loafer.html Brown All-Weather Walker (scotch grain/crepe sole) - several sizes available - $390 http://www.sidmashburn.com/sale/footwear/brown-alden-all-weather-walker.html
I'm looking to buy a pair of Alden Indy(s) - not sure of the preferred plural form ("Indies" looked odd) - and would prefer a commando sole. First choice would be cigar cordovan (pipe dream, I reckon); second choice would be #8 cordovan (also not likely to happen). Since my first two choices likely aren't available without getting on a waiting list, do you guys know of any Alden retailers who carry an Indy with a commando sole? I promise I've done a bit of legwork...
Might be interested. Can you please post pics of the jeans laid flat (front and back). Also, can you post measurements of hips, rise, and leg opening?
I requested access last evening and had been granted this morning. Much appreciated for the quick response.How would you say these shoes compare, quality-wise, to the AS Armfield?
I like those shoes as well. Are they still available? I don't see them on the AFPoS website, but I may not be looking in the right place. I bought a pair of the Alfred Sargent Armfield a year or so ago, but ended up selling them. Couldn't get past the rounded toe and they weren't very comfortable out of the box for me. I would be very interested in a similar shoe with a slightly more squared-off toe.My great-grandfather told me to never trust a woman in a blazer or a...
Great pair of shoes. I bought a pair 5-ish years ago. Love them.
Was disappointed the fatty didn't make the first cut, then missed it when it made one of the subsequent cuts.
One more who would be in for the waxed flesh fatty. I'm on too infrequently and missed the vote with your dollars round.
Need to pick up a navy grenadine tie on short notice. Would prefer one that is roughly 3.5" wide. Any suggestions on who might have some in stock and could ship to the U.S. By mid-week?