or Connect

Posts by gianluca

Quote: Originally Posted by HHD Is he a footballer? Looks familiar. I like his scarf and the Boglioli cashmere jacket isn't too shabby either. I was looking for one in that colour a couple of years ago. The guy is Mr Roberto Mancini, trainer of Mancester City Team, wearing BOGLIOLI KJACKET in 100% CASHMERE FELT, size 48
Dear Antirabbit, thanks for the explanation, I understand how important the tailor is, and it's importance is growing with the value of the garment. You mentioned many Italian products, good products. But, they are not brands. Let me underline this difference, because I think it impacts on the consumers. Most of the times the brand's consumer pays not enough attention to the quality of the garments or to what is behind (is it a good garment? where is it...
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel A little off topic, but I think most if not all at of Macy's Alfani stuff is made in Korea. Before my tastes got more refined I bought one Alfani suit, made in Korea of Italian fabric. It really isn't a bad suit for the money, though. I actually like it better than the one John W. Nordstrom suit I purchased in that pre-enlightened era. I also have two made-in-Korea Alfani sport coats that are going to the Goodwill to...
What do you thing about the Zegna / Canali / Armani strategy? Has anybody tried the "shopping experience" at any of their single brand stores? Were you satified?
Very interesting article. I saw the mentioned "Report" but I think that they forced the situation. The great majority of the Italian companies are respecting the rules, while they are competing with manufacturers abroad who usually have no or soft laws protecting the environment and workers. There must be a reason for the law prices....
I have been travelling the U.S.A. at the beginning of April and I was shocked by the number of single brands shops or corners of Zegna, Armani, Canali. Advertising everywere: magazines, hotel room leaflets, in flight magazines, ect. Everything is looking like they are taking a McDonald / Starbuck approch while they should offer exclusivity, luxury, quality, etc. So I have too the feeling that now the real luxury suit is a non branded hand or well made garment. But this...
Hi everybody, I would like to know your opinion about the effects of the new exchange rates of the dollar against the Euro on the Italian Men's wear products. Is the made in Italy still important? Will the new price levels be accepted? Are you going to consider new brands or products for more convenient prices? Who will be the winners, who will be the loosers? I personally thing that there will be for sure a change and even the most solid positions, brands and...
Thank you very much!
Dear All, does anybody know any men's store selling Italian suit in South America and what selection they have? Thanks for your help. G.