or Connect

Posts by polar-lemon

Quote: Originally Posted by bleachboy kitonbrioni has one. It's actually denim spun from fibers derived from the process of skinning of Micronesian sacrificial infants. It's also reversible, and the other side is Loro Piana storm system cashmere.
Quote: Originally Posted by yfyf Maomao1980 visiting. WW Chan bespoke on myself, Liverano bespoke on him. This outfit would be great for all those threads in which people ask, "what is sprezz?" To me, the suede tassels with that suit/shirt/tie combo is the definition of sprezz.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria A doorman at Claridges slammed the car door on my unbuttoned Oxxford cashmere overcoat a few years ago. His involuntary yell was like an Apache whoop. He quickly opened the door, and sure enough, there was a gash straight through the coat where it had been caught in the latch. As he examined the coat, all the blood drained from his face...which is saying a lot since he was English. I told him not to...
Not picky about material so much as quality--I'd prefer a finer wool over a crappy cashmere. Flexible on price up to around $200-250. Brooks seems to have some higher quality examples, made in Scotland, etc., but am wondering if it's really the best value. J. Press has a few I'll have to check out in person, but given their overall decline, I'm not optimistic about the quality. Any sources overseas I should be looking into? H&K doesn't seem to list any on their...
That's an HF Ltd. (if you peel back the price sticker, you'll see that indicated on the sleeve tag). Half canvassed, $500 is really not the best deal. Others have commented on the color.
Describing every item for sale in B/S as a "staple" was pretty cool a year ago, but I predict will start generating backlash in just a short matter of time. After that, I predict the term "grail" will take its place and enter the cycle. Also, I'm wondering when describing even the most machine-made item as having "decent handwork" is going to get old. The only items on which I ever observe true "handwork" are certain Italian tailored items (Isaia, Kiton, Brioni, SP,...
Quote: Originally Posted by jrd617 I passed up a chance to buy this Austin Reed puppytooth jacket for $130. It's now out of stock. Some of Austin Reed's tailored stuff is made by Chester Barrie. Is it unlikely that it would have been made by Chester Barrie? (Retail was $240) I just saw a ton of this crap at FB, racks and racks of it. You didn't miss out. Chester Barrie is a defunct operation these days; regardless, at retail $240, it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by chasingred Does Brooks Brothers ever discount their shell shoes? I'm interested in these http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=§ionsize= The previous coupons seem to have all excluded shell, and I assume they're not in the outlets (or am I wrong?). Do they ever put these on clearance? Or are shells ever part of the after Christmas sale? No, and they go to great pains to pull them from the website during...
It looks fine to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by nolan50410 Isn't there a decent compromise somewhere between $75 and $295 chinos? This is part of my beef with Polo. It's either too JCrewish or too Purple Labelish. It seems there is a sweet spot they are missing. I can't think of a decent pant that retails for less than $295, online vendors like HY/panta excluded. If I'm getting J. Crew quality pants for 30 bucks, that's one thing, but for non-beater purposes,...