or Connect

Posts by polar-lemon

Quote: Originally Posted by JesseJB I mean from a layman's perspective. It needs to be mentioned on teevee shows and such. Bump. Would be curious of any other authoritative sources besides Manton for discussion of wedding attire--specifically, why the groomsmen don't have to match exactly if wearing lounge suits.
For sale is a pair of vintage Cole Haan PTBs in brown pebble grain leather, complete with V cleat heel. Very substantial finishing: double soles, storm welt, excellent quality. They just don't fit me correctly. One feature I enjoy is that, though they use a 360 degree welt, the heel is cut closer than the rest of the sole. As you can see, they have very minimal wear, and with this kind of build quality, you'll get years out of them. $80 shipped CONUS. Payment is via...
Quote: Originally Posted by elgreco I saw a gentleman this morning in the lobby of my Biglaw firm's building wearing an edgestriped collar shirt. I was dismayed, but then I realized I am utterly un-CBD today, so the scales of judgment were leveled. I've never heard this term, edge stripe, before. Can someone post a pic/define it?
RL darlton penny or Alden LHS in #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Ditch the square and maybe swap in lace-ups for monks and I think this is UCBD. [[SPOILER]] 2-3 red ties in about as many days? What changed the aversion?
So what is your choice of square with black tie?
For sale are some high quality, carefully selected items from my own closet. Prices include shipping in CONUS and payment is accepted via paypal--I prefer to stay within the CONUS, as it makes my life easier, but might be willing to work something out internationally. Corneliani solid navy suit, super 110s "extra fine merinos" 100% wool. It's tagged as a size 40 short, in the Spencer cut (softer shoulders, slimmer body). I had this altered (collar lowered, sides slimmed,...
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI Isn't it obvious that off-white/cream linen is the true OneSquare®? I have a once-pure-white linen square that has since become mildly yellowed over time with wear. It's better now. +1
It's a very high quality brand. You need to have a price, though.
Did you fail to mention that you'd be ordering seven identical wallets, one for each day of the week?