or Connect

Posts by polar-lemon

Are these raw or washed?
This thread contains a mix of new and gently used items: shirts, ties, pants, shoes, and a suit. Summary: High-end PRL dress shirts, 15.5-33Valentino and NWT RLPL tiesNWOT/gently used Inco for Zegna 30, 34 khaki cotton pants; Saks Fifth Avenue mainline navy cotton pants, 30; Mabitex and PRL-Italy grey wool pants, 30Vintage v-cleat Cole Haan brown pebble grain plain toe bluchers, 9DAlden for BB unlined shell cordovan LHS penny loafer, 9DNWOT Corneliani solid navy suit,...
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel I have not bought isaiain years but I have an Argento jacket that purchased at Barneys so this Argento for the outlets thing may be a newer occurrence but was not always the case and I can say with a lot of certainty that it is not a cheaper make. He's 100% incorrect. The make/construction is the same. As we all know, the supers number on fabric is not a reliable indicator of overall garment quality, and...
Ambrosi--One Man's Misura is Another's Misery
What is the shirt sleeve measurement taken from the shoulder hem?
Quote: Originally Posted by pvrhye The funny thing is, the information seems to be out there. People just need someone to make a slick enough looking site to show to various brides/families - something that looks really official. Yup, pretty much.
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseJB I mean from a layman's perspective. It needs to be mentioned on teevee shows and such. Bump. Would be curious of any other authoritative sources besides Manton for discussion of wedding attire--specifically, why the groomsmen don't have to match exactly if wearing lounge suits.
For sale is a pair of vintage Cole Haan PTBs in brown pebble grain leather, complete with V cleat heel. Very substantial finishing: double soles, storm welt, excellent quality. They just don't fit me correctly. One feature I enjoy is that, though they use a 360 degree welt, the heel is cut closer than the rest of the sole. As you can see, they have very minimal wear, and with this kind of build quality, you'll get years out of them. $80 shipped CONUS. Payment is via...
Quote: Originally Posted by elgreco I saw a gentleman this morning in the lobby of my Biglaw firm's building wearing an edgestriped collar shirt. I was dismayed, but then I realized I am utterly un-CBD today, so the scales of judgment were leveled. I've never heard this term, edge stripe, before. Can someone post a pic/define it?