or Connect

Posts by polar-lemon

Bump for the chelseas. Purchased a pair a while back from Steve, and they are really fantastic shoes. Price is great too--there was an SF feeding frenzy when these were down to $244 on the brooks site, excluding tax/shipping.
Quote: Originally Posted by Will You would do better with a barathea from Smith's but I like the weight. I can comfortably wear mine from parking lot to event in fifty degree weather without an overcoat, and that saves checking the coat. Comfortable indoors as well. Thanks Will. Unfortunately, Smith's was not available. Encouraging to hear the weight is comfortable indoors. I'm a bit of a fabric newb so very much appreciate the help.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Uhm.... - B So, I can the same phenomenon to occur with a barathea, as opposed to fresco, weave?
Wondering if this Minnis fabric, 0638, would be a good choice for a dinner suit: http://www.hfwltd.com/bobb.php?b=jjm&c=2&p=4 In the book, it indicated 12 oz (not 12-13 as on the website) and is actually a barathea weave. My one concern is the weight- I want something that drapes well, but won't be oppressively hot. I've thought of doing a partial lining to compensate- is this foolish? The other option my tailor offered is a VBC wool-mohair barathea that's 10-11...
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexWb Looks great so far. A plain brown captoe oxford would be a good idea. I think it's a little strange to start off a company with single monkstraps, but they look nice nonetheless. In all honesty, the shoes are still too expensive. For the asking price, you can own beautiful benchmade Carmina's from Spain, which have been well accepted in the style community and is one of the brands The Armoury...
Quote: Originally Posted by usctrojans31 With the hell storm that I raised, I had a full refund, including the initial shipping charge from Gilt returned to my credit card. Smart move on their part, as had they not, I'd have filed a complaint with my credit card, kept the suit, and kept the money. For $300, you can get a MUCH better deal on B&S. Heck, Spoo has some real Corallorosso items for sale if you're his size. Just a note-...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan Incredible effort must have gone into this. I can't wait to see more. I would especially like to see pictures of the brogue in Navy (and how light is the tan?). I do wonder though since these prices are within a close distance of C&J benchgrade [though I don't see any navy offerings for C&J at all, and no light tans either], how the "$75 discount, Asian made & new styling" vs. "Northampton-made,...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker 1,6, and 7 are not soporific to me. 6 perhaps pushes the boundaries, so I understand that- photo makes it appear brighter than IRL, though. Do you question 1 and 7 because of the pink elements? For me, pink excluded, they seem like textbook examples of a soporific print and woven neat pattern, respectively. With the pink, perhaps not textbook, but definitely comfortably within soporific range- perhaps...
Switch your pants for pents, and you should not have an issue.
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker ^ Not 100% sure all those are really soporific, but most are nice. Which ones do you feel are not soporific?