or Connect

Posts by polar-lemon

What are people's opinions on GMAT vs. GRE? I've read everything from doesn't matter, to no one actually applies to B school with the GRE (most cite the statistic that only 1-2% of each admitted class took the GRE). Any validity to either claim?
Quote: Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol Yea, took it (the prep software) this morning and got 770. So, I still need a range of schools to look at. I am thinking 5-10 US News. Why not 1-10? I'm no expert, but my understanding is that academic history matters much less for B school. In other words, while your gpa may be "low" for top 5 law schools, for example, I think it's well in the range of the top 5 B schools (average 3.5). Since yours...
Am I the only one who thinks the "spoo pose" is ripe for the introduction of a kneeling woman between the legs?
Necrobump for a well deserved Should've bought these 6 years ago
Quote: Originally Posted by jrd617 How about PRL tailored stuff? On the website, it's all 30 + 15 right now. In previous years, it's been 40 + 15. In the store, I believe, it's officially always been 30 + 15, but if you asked, they'd sometimes bump it up to 40 + 15.
Quote: Originally Posted by jrd617 I'm confused. OP said it's 40% + 15% kicker. Recent posts have said that it's actually 30% plus 15% kicker. Which sale rate is it? It varies by item/collection, and there will sometimes be discrepancies between the pricing online vs. in store.
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI I think I've said this before but Diavolo's feedback may have been the single best thing I've gotten out of this forum. More people need to step back and think about what he's saying instead of having a knee-jerk defensive reaction. +1 Though Diavolo has posted no pics, the consistency and nature of his comments, combined with the combinations he cites as most worthy of praise, clearly indicate his high level...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sazerac I don't know, guys. I think it depends entirely on the shirt. A lot of people mistake sport-shirt BD's for so-called "dress" BD's. Can the OP post pics of the shirt or give us more information about it? Why not just get a good white dress shirt? He said it's a BB OCBD, which will look fine with a suit. The collar points are long enough, and the spread is wide enough, to not look odd or stand out as some...
+1 on the newspaper, has worked well for me. I've read that you're not supposed to use trees when the shoes are still soaking, though I can't vouch for the validity of that statement.
You could be attacked by a feral jungle cat and lose an arm in the process, which would upset the balance of the suit jacket.