or Connect

Posts by polar-lemon

Lufty, that is your look. Whoever said the suit doesn't fit doesn't understand the concept of in motion pics.
Quote: Originally Posted by doug funnie Didn't think my question warranted it's own thread so I'll put it here. I was in the Cambridge JPress the other day and I decided to try on a few of their jackets. I'm 5'8 with a relatively short torso, but a very short waist region. I basically go straight from lats to hips. From powerlifting my chest is 43 inches and my waist 2 inches above my navel is 31 inches. I also have a fairly large butt and...
The J. Crew one has obviously been set up and pinned very carefully on the mannequin, while as others have mentioned, Yoox has a tendency to make even the nicest garment look like a piece of crap. I'm generally a fan of fly fronts on overcoats, and the styling on the J. Crew one is nice, save for the shorter length. However, whenever I see their wool coats in person, I'm extremely unimpressed with the quality and look. I'd at least order the Caruso and see how you...
Quote: Originally Posted by pebblegrain Anyone ever decide what last they are on? Grant, I believe.
J Press has one, made in England (not sure by whom) and there's a 25% off coupon right now. Makes it around $550. STP used to have gloveralls, which will be cheaper (and perhaps they make Press' version?).
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Jiffy for lapel steamers?
I wear an 8.5d or 9c in Barrie, 9d in everything else. I took a 9d in the darlton wingtips. I think the double sole and overall stiffness produces heel slippage until they are broken in. Before I bought, I read several past threads that seemed to mention this phenomenon. The 325 last seems to run TTS when sized American (aka Brooks).
NSM is pretty hyped up.
Extra point for the misspelling of Allen's surname.
Quote: Originally Posted by rabidawg It can be yours . . . for those cold, lonely nights. That is the archetype for this thread.