Posts by Ataturk

2 years. This kind of thing isn't for people who are impatient. Actually probably about 18 months. A year to air dry then six months in my attic should be plenty. Stair treads are...5/4 or so. (i.e. 1.25" thick).
I've said many times here how much I dislike my carpeted stairs. Been looking for a good oak tree to quarter saw. Heard about one in the bad part of town that had fallen over. "A big one." Okay, sure. I grabbed my saw, come along, trailer, etc., and found this: A nice (former) forest tree that was about 30" in diameter... measured ten feet up. No rot. Will actually have to be trimmed to mill it. I've cut bigger trees, but never by myself and without any heavy...
Sheds are fun to build. Like a miniature house. Shame you had to hire it out, though it often makes financial sense.
If Yoda was the "strongest warrior in the galaxy" as shown in the prequels (or, at least, tied for the spot), it does invite the question of why he didn't come along and help Luke fight Vader, doesn't it? Then again, he wasn't exactly a master strategist. "How about, instead of each of us going after one bad guy, we team up on them and take them one at a time?" Also, was Leia really "leading a rebellion force" in Star Wars? She didn't seem to be in charge of anything...
Did they dub over all the lines from Star Wars that don't line up with the new movie?
It sure looks like there's enough room for the tool box along that wall, if they wanted it there. The box is on wheels, you know. It even looks like there's enough room to roll it around the corner with the lift in place. And the ramps on the lift are going to be removable so there wouldn't be an access issue between the lift and the bench.Also, 4-post lifts aren't really used for most auto work, at least in my experience. As far as I know, they're mostly for oil changes...
Ok, I give up. What's wrong with the lift placement?
It's 7000 sq ft presumably not counting the garage that's the size of fairly large house by itself. My favorite bit was that the thing was listed for about half what they're asking a few years ago. Did they add the huge garage to it in the meantime? Probably not.
AKA the GarageMahal. It's an awful house, but who wouldn't want a garage like that?
Walnut tends to get lighter with age, and often takes on an orangeish brown cast. UV light can cause color change, but so does oxidation. The finish can affect it too, either by changing color itself or by slowing some aspect of the aging. Plus it may have been stained, and there's no telling how the stain will age. Walnut actually changes color quite a bit before you even see it. It frequently appears greenish in color when it's first cut, then oxidizes to a darker...