or Connect

Posts by mr_economy

Quote: Originally Posted by dusty Isn't it only cheaper because of corn subsidies? If not, why is HFCS far less prevalent in other countries, even Mexico where HFCS would be cheap to import? Yeah it's almost exclusively because of our horrendous subsidies and the equally putrid farm bill.
Anyone here do work in constitutional law? That's my passion, my interest. Has been ever since I took two semesters of conlaw as an undergrad. The "prof" wasn't a prof at all, but a lecturer with a JD who formerly worked for BigLaw in St. Louis. She told us from day one she would be teaching the class like a law school one, and she wasn't kidding - Socratic Method, law briefs, reading 150 pages of cases a week - it was intense, and I loved every minute of it. But...
Mass. Street was crazy enough tonight, I can't imagine what this city will be like if we win it all. I've been looking forward to this matchup with Roy ever since I came here, but if we play like we did tonight against UNC, we won't even have a shot at that championship. Kudos to Sasha for stepping up though, he carried the team tonight.
The one time I took it, I wrote a paper; finished the entire week's worth of homework; cleaned the apartment; paid the bills; created an Excel spreadsheet to track the bills, their due dates, monthly averages, projected annual expense, and cost savings vs. my previous apartment; and read half a novel. All that in one afternoon/evening, while normally I might have gotten the paper about halfway done in that same amount of time sans Adderall. That's when I learned this is...
I recently found some Nag Champa scented candles at a local hippie store, and while I don't think they really smell much like Nag, they do smell delicious. More classy than incense, less pothead-coverup smell.
AnyDVD (not free, but easily found at...certain...sites) plus DVD Shrink is a killer combination. AnyDVD strips the DVD encryption, which then allows you to use DVD Shrink without any problems. Have a 100% success rate, even with the most recently released DVDs.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
You should pick up a copy of "The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists", by Neil Strauss (aka Style); I think you'd find it very amusing, as Strauss chronicles his transformation from just some guy who couldn't get laid, to a top pickup artist, and almost being completely consumed by the game. It is written as a framed story, and begins with Mystery in the middle of a breakdown. I think it should be required reading for anyone considering entering the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eason holy shit, I want to "kino" you with my fist for following that moron Clearly you are more successful at life/seduction than Mystery...
Quote: Originally Posted by m@T someone paid attention at their workshop Heh, I wish I had the kind of money and time to spend a week in LA sarging with those guys (or do I? I'm not sure how I'd feel about myself if I blew $1000+ for something like that), but sadly I'm stuck with the texts/audio/video available through the internets.