or Connect

Posts by NonServiam

Today I spent my lunchtime in the street outside my office, in a parked 911 4S looking at two Patek 5980s, an Explorer II 1655 and a Daytona 6239. I love that my local second hand dealer has a take-away service (Actually, he is not the only one I know who does it, I sometimes sit in a japanese SUV doing the same thing ... ) I wore my Nautilus 5712 to compare to the 5980s. Sorry, no pictures were taken. I have to say, the white 5980 is hot! I have tried it on at ADs...
Happy New Year, gents! I strapped on the JLC MUT Moon for the celebrations, and have not taken it off yet. My only purchase of 2013, but the perfect choice! I planned a few days at least of austere and clean living to start off 2014, but yesterday we got a babysitter and went out anyway The vitello tonnato was pefect, and the huge, huge ox-cheek even more so. And bubbly was just as good as in 2013 Today was a trip to the gym, baked salmon salad and carrot juice As to...
Merry Christmas, people! Picture taken just before leaving for church. I am a sentimental soul, and for Christmas Evening nothing but my late father's Certina will do. No Patek, no Jaeger, no Rolex. Certina it is.
Is it possible to identify this camo jacket? Tommy Ton, Paris photo ... French (or other) military field jacket, or something fancier?
Nice GPs! Rose gold JLC for me today. Attending an event at my local AD after work, looking forward to geeking out over watches and have a glass (or two) of champagne
MG85, the Daytona is a fantastic watch. I'm sure you will be very happy with it! It was my grail for many years, probably fueled by the hype surrounding the watch some years ago. I worked for a (not Rolex) AD when I attended unversity, and spent a lot of time around watches. Like you I wore a TAG at the time, even that expensive for a student I thought. All the time the Daytona was on my mind. After graduating, working for a couple of years, I bought my first Rolex. Not...
IWC Saturday. This watch, for some reason, really puts a smile on my face every time Much more so than my 5001, go figure.
Thanks! I have a writeup somewhere, I'll do some quick copy/paste:The Heuer flyback chrono is usually known as the Heuer Bund, as it was issued to pilots in the (West) German Bundeswehr from the mid-60s. It features a Valjoux 230 flyback manual chrono, and was made in a large number of variations, mostly by Heuer (but they were also produced and rebranded by Sinn for a short period.) There are many excellent resources to read, google or try...
Very autumny lately. Chunkier clothes calls for chunkier watches. Norwegian Airforce issued Heuer flyback chrono, anno 1974 (Watch not that chunky really. Kinda flat.)
Looks like the new 41mm ROC And thanks guys, for all your thoughts! I'll ponder and juggle my spreadsheet. (What, you don't have a watch spreadsheet?) See what needs to be done. I'm moving out of the city and buying a house this year or the next, so every watch purchase must have to be financed from the existing collection. New self imposed rule Apparently my daughter gets more enjoyment from a patch of grass than a(nother) watch to inherit