or Connect

Posts by NonServiam

That is just super cool! A quick review would be welcome, as I am looking for a affordable tooly watch a la IWC XV(I), and this seems to tick a lot of boxes
Hey, Michael-Caine-avatar buddy! (I used that same picture as my avatar earlier, I believe he wore a Rolex (Day-?)Date in Get Carter.) [[SPOILER]] That is one cool Cartier! I like it a lot Any more pictures would be most welcome.
Maybe, maybe not. I didn't think they would make a steel YMII either. Not that the two compare much. Give it a couple of years, we'll see. I can see the temptation to keep it in white gold only, but on the other hand it would be a huge seller in steel.
Oh, and yeah: New Sea-Dweller?
Hey, speaking of white gold, looks it will appear in the form of a Pepsi GMT-Master II this year
Iconic origins, nobel metal, more than a little frivolous I would not want to make you sad, stitch! So here are some nipples just for you. This is an old picture that you've probably seen before, but I promise to take more Maybe. I find it difficult to see clearly as the existing Aquanaut bracelet is a horrible, horrible abomination. It might be possible to make a better one ...I too would like to see the Aquanaut on a PP skin strap! I never warmed to the rubber strap on...
Sold off two cherished vintage pieces this weekend. Heuer Autavia and nipple dialled Rolex 18k GMT-Master. Sad to see them go, but they were examples of my of redundancy habit I have two more Autavias and another nipple dialled 18k Rolex still. And they were not sold to finance a "mud bike", but another watch, of course. More info on that later Bye bye!
Thank you for the report, mimo! I like your reports My thoughts on the Dual Time differs wildly! I cannot bring myself to like the dial layout. AP has an RO with the same movement and the same dial, and I feel the same about that one.The power reserve is too large. The home time subdial I don't care for at all, with the arab numerals. And the day/night indicator much too visible.Granted, the slate grey dial of the Overseas soothes the clutter a great deal, but then they...
Regarding the Overseas chrono, it looks absolutely gorgeous in rose gold on a strap The same spectacular mix of beveled brushed and polished surfaces as the AP RO(C). Lovely! But the size is a dealbreaker for me. Just. Too. Damn. Big. Same with the newer 41mm AP Royal Oak Chrono. Edit: The Overseas blue dial has is very, very nice, and well worth a look if you haven't seen it in person. A friend owns the steel version on a bracelet, the one mimo tried on, and the blue...
Thank you kindly everyone! I find the finish on this piece superb, as good as any other Rolex I own or perhaps even better. The bracelet is very, very solid, truly reassuring. This watch attracts me both aesthetically and as a Rolex anomaly. It looks hella cool, and I'm looking forward to the conversations I hope it will start with other enthusiasts I meet. When you have a few watches already, I think you can afford to choose new pieces for a large number of reasons. I am...