or Connect

Posts by NonServiam

Oh yes. The Nautilus is strangely flat on the wrist, like no other bracelet watch I've tried. The Daytona feels much more like a real sports watch. "Rugged", though? Nah I love them both, super watches!
In my eyes, this is the only way to go. A car is just tomorrow's nails and scrap. A PP is tomorrow's inheritance.I try to live a frugal life myself, I have a modest income and a simple lifestyle as a dad and geek. Less work, more free time. Fewer possessions, more experiences. Watches are my passion, and there I splurge like a madman.I see too many people trying to GQ everything in their life. Some can afford to do that, without sacrificing the more important things. Most...
Very cool, nofrills! Watches are usually not quite as much in focus as our wrist shots would like to portray, they usually just peek out from under our clothes Here a low light iPhone pic my GF took at one of our dinner dates not long ago:
I enjoy the discussion, but I try to refrain to analyze my own collector psyche too closely. Not sure I'd like what I find I'm pretty sure I'm more moved by the need for peer recognition than I would like to admit. I have always tried to buy what I like, watches that make me smile. Be it ETAs in a pretty case or in-house movements with pedegree. The problem is that my preferences seem to be fickle and easily changed as I read and learn.
I will admit to a certain period of babying after getting a new watch After that, every watch gets used. It helps that I prefer to buy vintage or at least pre-owned, they usually come pre-scratched as well My Daytona and Master Chrono were both new puchases from my regular . The Daytona is now in regular rotation, never mind that the bezel is a scratch magnet. The rose gold MC is mostly used for dinners and occations, but the first hairlines and swirls have arrived. My...
Good reads on the last couple of pages! A touch of red today ... Old pic.
The timing of tonight's honey glazed Valentine's duck was handled by JLC Master Chrono
Ah, the mythical one watch I've played that game a few times. Of the watches I own: Daytona. Because it was a grail for so many years, and it is the watch I am leaving for my firstborn daughter. Timed her birth with it, and to be honest, it's a bit of a ladies' watch Anyway, I love it, and I'm hoping that many many years from now when I'm old and full of years, my daughter will too. If I were to buy a new watch to be the one, I'd choose a Sub. The new generation...
Owned the 15300 for a while, and while it was a handsome look, it never felt right on my wrist. The Nautilus feels nothing but right. The Jumbo RO might have been better for me, but the Nautilus is just perfect. Oh, and the 5712 > 5711. IMNSHO
The moment I wrote that, I found these pics, and I must admit the 512 it looks pretty good. Maybe even better than the 337.I even find the fake patinaed "tritium" attractive