or Connect

Posts by NonServiam

I don't know about the US, haven't been there in a couple of years. But here in northern Europe I often see SS Daytonas in the windows nowadays.
For the price of a WG Daytona, there are a whole lot of watches I find infinitely more interesting. The current steel Daytona is one of my favourites, and I got one while the hype was still strong. I find the white dial somewhat boring at times, though. The Zenith white dial was nicer, with the black outlined subdials instead of the current silver ones.So I found a sympathetic AD who ordered the fabulous "racing dial" for the WG model, and installed it in my SS Daytona....
Both the Tudor Black Bay and the Pelagos are very nice divers, tried both recently at my local Rolex dealer (not in the US). The Black Bay was particularly handsome, with plenty of vintage feel. A very nice case! For me, the red bezel would be perfect, as I have plenty of Subs and other black-bezeled watches. To generate more sales, they probably should make a black version though. The Pelagos didn't resonate quite as much, probably because of the material. Not a great...
Regarding the RO. I owned a 15300 for a short time, and while it was a handsome watch I never found the bracelet to be anywhere near comfortable on my wrist. My wrist is pretty thin, and the RO felt like a solid ring, not a watch. The lock was too thick, and everything just too stout. I loved the angles of the case, but comfort wins. An extremely photogenic watch though! My advice is to try this watch on a lot before you buy. The Jumbo on the other hand, now that is a...
Thanks guys Master Chrono today. Prob a repost, but I´m sure you can tolerate it
Haha, this is one beat up and overpolished old piece of steel. Detracts nothing from its charm
Certainly, with great joy! Sometimes because the watch is vintage or discontinued. But I also like to have someone else take the initital hit when it comes to brands that do not keep their value as well as, say, Rolex.Who would know or notice unless you tell them? Your financial perspective is probably correct though All excellent choices! I wear my Rolex Sub more than any watch, and I own quite a few. The perfect everyday watch. The SD just the same, only I like a cyclops...
I meant the redesign of the Fliegerchrono as the model number changed from 3706 to 3717, in case that was unclear That happened around 2006, if I´m not mistaken.
There are definitely valid arguments against the 3717. With the redesign it lost some of the charm of the older, more sober IWC fliegers. On the other hand, it gained quite a bit of presence as well. I quite like mine The black croc strap does it no favours, I chose the strap from the Exupery limited ed instead. That is one comfortable strap!