or Connect

Posts by NonServiam

Ah, the mythical one watch I've played that game a few times. Of the watches I own: Daytona. Because it was a grail for so many years, and it is the watch I am leaving for my firstborn daughter. Timed her birth with it, and to be honest, it's a bit of a ladies' watch Anyway, I love it, and I'm hoping that many many years from now when I'm old and full of years, my daughter will too. If I were to buy a new watch to be the one, I'd choose a Sub. The new generation...
Owned the 15300 for a while, and while it was a handsome look, it never felt right on my wrist. The Nautilus feels nothing but right. The Jumbo RO might have been better for me, but the Nautilus is just perfect. Oh, and the 5712 > 5711. IMNSHO
The moment I wrote that, I found these pics, and I must admit the 512 it looks pretty good. Maybe even better than the 337.I even find the fake patinaed "tritium" attractive
I don't know ...Actually, I am contemplating a 42mm Panerai, as I sold my 111 a couple of years ago and looking to replace it with something smaller: I was thinking about the 337 Radiomir. The 1940 case is a bit of a bastard looks-wise, without the wire lugs and the onion crown that I assosiate with Radiomirs ...I think the 337 wins this one, but on the wrist my verdict might be different
Gold and old sweats!
Also: I'm a sucker for any chrono. Two subdials, three subdials, you name it. A complication that does not require a winder is nice, I have to many watches that spend time off the wrist ... My favourites are 3-6-9 chronos, I much prefer them to the 6-9-12s (like the 7750).
Daytonas are awesome, in any configuration. My 116520, modded with a dial for a white gold Daytona. Not for the purists, but I'm not one of those ...
The cal 12 was introduced in the Monaco in 1971, so at least the earliest Autavias have the cal 11. Not sure when it was introduced in the Autavia.
Hm, not sure actually
Not quite. This is a bullhead, with the pushers on top of the case: