or Connect

Posts by NonServiam

Dressed up for a dear friend's 40th birthday yesterday, but enjoyed myself way too much to snap pictures of watch or outfit. Both watch and tie were however still on my dresser this morning: Shantung by Drake's and chrono by JLC
Thanks guys AP and raspberries for breakfast ...
And to you too Enjoying your summer? Well, you definitely have some thoughts on the matter Thank you for the elaborate and educational answer. My approach is usually more intuitive, and I appreciate being given a more ... intellectual ... perspective.The 5070 is an amazing chrono. Proven and classic chrono movement, and probably with a whole lot of wrist presence. Never tried it on myself. At 42mm, it's rather un-Pateky though? Maybe that is more than half of its...
I really enjoy the PP discussion, @Belligero is spot on in my eyes. A quick challenge: Say you were to liquidate a collection of watches and buy a modern mid-level Patek, which one would you choose? Investment value might be interesting, but highly unpredictable of course. But it needs to be one with a certain promise of a future classic, worthy of passing down to the next generations. To spend you have, lets say: 80k USD. Give or take. I am thinking the 5170 chrono....
Ouch. Regarding transportation, my ride home from work took me through the Royal Palace park. On a crappy city bike. Crappy, but the workout is all the better for it. For a nominal yearly fee, I need not worry about parking my bike, and can choose to take public transport either way. As a bonus, I get to dodge hapless tourists and ring the bell at pretty hipster girl riding in summer dresses. Oh, and have a nice view of my chosen timepiece. Today it was the Oysterquartz
Looking to buy this tie. Pic from http://mostexerent.tumblr.com/
Easy summer days. Relaxing in my childhood garden, AP ROC on wrist.
Interesting reads these last pages, a bit of Rolex hating and much else to enjoy Reminiscing about an old friend as I look through my watch album. This Tudor Submariner 79090 was an awsome diver, with all the vintage Rolex traits at a modest price level. I bought it in the hope that it would satisfy my vintage Rolex craving. Yeah right. I would make a steeply declining drug addict. Fortunately, I only get high on worthless old steel divers. Watch is long gone, but not...