or Connect

Posts by NonServiam

Crazy prices being paid at some of these auctions. Considering selling my Siffert through one of the larger houses, but not sure if it is the right piece for it. Anyway, this is a thread on watches, not money, so here is my week in watches
Sorry, douple tap.
How could I not post this (again) Here is a USD 30k watch in a USD 10k car, used market value. Watch by a Swiss company that claims you don't own your expensive watch, car by Audi and VWs plain but well-built Czech cousin.
If you are a working professional, I guess you can have anything you want, but not everything you want. The rest is priorities. I think maybe I read that in this thread at one point
I took note of the even in even for a car. To me, it actually makes much more sense to spend more money on a watch than a car. I seem to recall having discussed this in TWAT before, but I'll revisit.I assume this is in part due to where I live in the world, cars are slapped with heavy taxes, costing about 3 times the US price. Watches cost about the same as elsewhere. Buying a car in stead of a Patek will get you a pretty sweet luxury ride in the US, while me only a rather...
Yesterday we celebrated 17th of May, Norwegian Constitution Day The JLC Master Chronograph served both as dress watch and BBQ-timer. A chrono is not (only) for bragging rights. A detail shot: Today I tried working from home, but ended up taking our youngest for a stroll The JLC dresses down quite nicely.
Yep, i would be interested in that ...
My immediate comment is simply that it's a lovely watch! I really like GO a brand, they offer a lot of german horology for the money. Lovely arabic numbers on than one, very cool.
Keith T nails it. Wrists don't lie, to paraphrase Shakira. If a watch does not smile to me from my wrist, no other argument will do, be it finishing or pedigree. When it does smile, I will buy it, and have done so with almost every smiling watch I've come across. Up to a certain price point, naturally. I have found this point to be surprisingly fluid over the years, though...
The downside of pushers for date setting is that I never seem to have a proper tool at hand when throwing on a watch in a hurry. So, JLC MUT Moon on today, and the date is still wrong. Now, I'm sure I had a paper clip somewhere ...