or Connect

Posts by NonServiam

Keith T nails it. Wrists don't lie, to paraphrase Shakira. If a watch does not smile to me from my wrist, no other argument will do, be it finishing or pedigree. When it does smile, I will buy it, and have done so with almost every smiling watch I've come across. Up to a certain price point, naturally. I have found this point to be surprisingly fluid over the years, though...
The downside of pushers for date setting is that I never seem to have a proper tool at hand when throwing on a watch in a hurry. So, JLC MUT Moon on today, and the date is still wrong. Now, I'm sure I had a paper clip somewhere ...
It's a lovely season, BostonHedonist! Especially here north where I reside. All those dark months, so easily forgotten on a beautiful April morning.
Awesome Heuer! I definitely lack a Carrera in my collection, but otherwise Heuer has been (and still is) well represented. Sporty but classy, true racing pedigree.@mimo, while TAG Heuer certainly doesn't get a lot of love here, I think the various true vintage Heuers such as this have always been well received. As well they should!Regarding TAG and Carrera, I think the recent reinterpretations have been spot on!
I have to agree with the previous gentleman's every point! The watch is amazingly versatile, and the silver dial very handsome. And true enough, silver on silver can be hard to read. Its major fault in my eyes is that it can appear almost bland in its perfectness. It is symmetric, well-balanced and unoffensive to the extreme. But the moon phase adds just the right amount of playfulness as a counterweight.I have yet to see the black dial in person, but it looks like a...
Yeah, could do without that date window Would have preferred a manual wind movement, too. It's not the perfect chrono. It is however an affordable column wheel chrono from a prestigious maker, with a robust and well tested movement (but not particularly finely decorated, therefore a solid caseback) in a superb rosé gold case that fits my wrist perfectly. That will have to do I sometimes ponder selling a lot of watches and getting a fine chrono from Vacheron or Patek, but...
Another day, another blossoming tree on my way from kindergarten to work, another rose gold chrono
What a strange thing! to be alive beneath cherry blossoms. Took my lunch outside today, with a good friend, amongst the neighbourhood students. Girls in summer dresses, blossoming trees. Enjoy your day
The holdall looks great, and just the thing I've been looking for. @Linjer, any chance you guys are able to ship to Norway _from_ Norway, it being Roman's home country and all? VAT ...
I like the YM! But then again, my inner peacock has free rein when it comes to watches.