or Connect

Posts by saint

Title is misleading, the Seal is a Texan, but it doesn't say whether the people who shot his dog are Texans or not. Perhaps they were, but this is pure conjecture on Hossoso's part.
Quote: Originally Posted by NukeMeSlowly To new, proud TRL chukka boot owners: What is the shade of brown - tan, medium, or dark? Is there contrast (e.g., white) stitching on the welt (I cannot tell from the pictures) or is everything harmonious? Can anyone compare these to the Loake Kempton? After seeing them, would you pay 115 pounds for them? Would you consider going the cheaper suede route for 99 pounds per their reorder...
Got my chukkas today, very nice. Went back and ordered the walnut monks and black loafers in my size having seen the price increases for back ordered items. Would've liked the half brogues in suede, but I probably have enough brown suede shoes for the time being. Still waiting for the shirts.
I'd also like to see the 12s.
Quote: Originally Posted by fashion_newbie Nope. No, but they were "despatched" on the 9th.
Any boots in size 12?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tck13 Obama authorized military action. Link to updated article... Sounds like plausible deniability to me. Neither Obama nor his spokesmen said before the pirates were taken out that he had authorized any action to free Capt. Phillips; if the rescue attempt failed they'd blame the commander in charge of the operation and distance themselves from the outcome. But since it succeeded, Obama is trying to take credit...
Quote: Originally Posted by haganah ???? Sorry, confused by your post what with making dinner talking to relatives etc. Traditionally pirates engaged in piracy on the high seas can be attacked by any ship of any nation. Pirates who are captured or surrender may be tried by any competent court. The penalty for piracy was either death or being imprisoned for life.
Quote: Originally Posted by haganah What is the traditional approach to modern day piracy? Why do you think there is a difference between piracy and "modern piracy"?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk It doesn't sound like Obama did anything. The hostage broke loose, our guys had a shot, and they took it. I just saw an updated news story, and you are right. Unfortunately it looks like we are going to take a law enforcement approach to piracy, just like the Clinton Administration's approach to terrorism, rather than the traditional and effective approach.