or Connect

Posts by saint

'83 Gould Campbell, it's finally cool enough for Port.
This, although I feel like I should be drinking something from France:
They started doing that because some Drumohr items were made in Scotland and had English sizing and some were made in Italy with Italian sizing, so e.g. a size 50 could either fit really well or be enormous. Most of the Scottish stuff is long gone, but for awhile it provided a great opportunity as those sweaters got marked down to ridiculous levels, almost certainly due to confusion over sizing.
Yes, they all serve different purposes.
@saint Preowned Sutor Mantellassi Norvegese Brown Boots 11.5M Thank you for the mention @Razl! Mention that you saw the boots on this thread and I'll take 10% off.
Finally got some decent light, so took a break from raking to take some terrible selfies. As promised, these are the Barbours I got from STP recently: Shoredace Wool Gamefair Aberfeldy Markham
This is a beautiful pair of preowned Sutor Mantellassi Norvegese welt boots in a really amazing pebble-grained brown leather. Made for Louis of Boston when Sutor Mantellassi was making truly excellent shoes and boots. These boots have a vibram sole and speed laces. The sole measures 12.25x4.5". $100 shipped Cont USA.
Haven't tried that one, but would have to sub Strega for the Yellow Chartreuse, which obviously makes it even more appropriate for Halloween!May try it after dinner.
Thanks, my wife also suggested that one and the Zombie. I was embarrassed to have forgotten them!
Any ideas for Halloween cocktails, thinking of Satan's Whiskers, Satan's Circus or Black Lodge, but wondering if you guys know of others that are appropriate?