or Connect

Posts by saint

Wearing used slippers seems kind of gross.
20% off on selected items, including sale items. Picked up a pair of wool flat front Incos for $51, hope they fit. Got a box from Yoox yesterday with 2 pairs of Incotex Sartoriale, both in Super 120s flannel, one pair in blue the other in dark gray. They were pleated, so some here might not dig them, but at $78 each I didn't think twice.
Thanks! Any idea who made them? I've asked on a couple of other threads, but no one knows.
Don't have pics of the Grensons. Will take some soon.
I was surprised as well, I thought that the pictures on Yoox looked like bookbinder, but figured that it was worth a shot given the past quality of SM. As Meister says, CG is becoming more common among high-quality shoe makers, and that's really sad. Certainly more circumspection regarding shoes on Yoox may be warranted.That said, Yoox still remains a decent source for shoes, the Gruppo Clark fatte a mano Norvegese brogues and Grenson G1 suede brogues I picked up were...
Of course: Sorry for pics, didn't have time this morning to set them up nicely. The leather is thin and really plasticky, I've never been a fan of bookbinder, so back they'll go.
These are definitely bookbinder:http://www.yoox.com/us/44858796QB/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=44858796QB&sizeId=I bought a pair of the brown loafers you show in your post and they are regular calfskin. I also bought a pair of brogues and they are bookbinder and will be returned. Any of the absurdly shiny shoes like the ones I linked to above are, in all likelihood, bookbinder.
They are, but many high quality shoemakers use bookbinder. It's probably why they are so cheap on Yoox.
As Mr Monty has pointed out, not sure on which thread, there are a lot of Sutor Mantellassi shoes on Yoox right now that are sub $150 if you have a code. Most of them are bookbinder leather, so after a couple of years they'll look crappy, but by then you will probably be ready to upgrade anyway.
More piney than herbal, but very pleasant. I'll definitely let you know when I try it, but it'll be awhile, I gave up the sauce for Lent.