or Connect

Posts by morse9443

Quote: Originally Posted by olg666 Thank you Denim is of much better quality than Sugar Cane, Flat Head or Samurai, probably closer to 45rpm, Somet, Oni or Pure Blue. means nothing and placed only to fit extra keywords. The price is $290 OR the best offer. Unfortunately the jeans have shrunk too much, that's why I'm selling them. Oh it's you! You're dissing other Japanese brands and calling them inferior just to fill in...
Let me redundinate again. It poured in Boston tonight and I left my S0500's at home. It's called weather.com baby!
"I was looking like a full-time Jennifer Lopez impersonator in them" haha man, I can't afford to lose much room in the thighs either. Never tried on those SDA's, but I'll steer clear based on your experience. I think this guy is just wrong about denim quality, natural indigo or whatever. Probably explains why he's selling washed and worn SDA's for so close to retail in a place (ebay) where no one will look for them.
Many, many posts on this topic. I'm no professional denim fader, but you'll want to soak first to get the shrinkage out of the way. Then wear without washing until you can't stand your own stench. This will form and break-in the the jeans to your body. When washed, the indigo will fade the most in the areas that your body put the most stress on - thighs, back of knees, wallet + keys areas, etc. This is how the jeans become personalized. Washing the denim first will start...
So I stumbled across this guy selling a pair of SDA SD-101XX's on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/Studio-DArtisan-...QQcmdZViewItem This is what he has to say about the quality level of other Japanese denim brands in comparison to his SDA's. "(SDA) Denim is of much better quality than Sugar Cane, Flat Head or Samurai, probably closer to 45rpm, Somet, Oni or Pure Blue." I love the Sammy S0500XX's I just got, and wouldn't consider them to be inferior to Pure Blue or...
Quote: Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff i wouldn't call it a baggier bootcut at all.... more of a slim, slightly taperd fit. the middle pic above you posted is the exact fit I've been looking for in a japanese brand. Picked up a pair from BiG last week as well. good luck with em. Yea I agree - Slight taper from Knee to leg opening. Similar to 501's up top, but not as wide on the bottom. Again, very happy so far and I highly recommend...
Quote: Originally Posted by capnpyro Holy crap, I didn't realize they were so stiff. Looking good. I just got a pair this last week also, I hot soaked the shit out of mine so they're a little tighter. Those look great man. What size did you get? I just luke warm soaked for 20 minutes while wearing. Again, Gordon hemmed mine before shipping, but you definitely got some more shrinkage (horizontal) than me in the area below the knee.
Quote: Originally Posted by morse9443 Thanks for the help on posting photos. What do you mean by weird? They actually fit almost exactly like 501's. Maybe it's tough to tell in the shi**y photos. I'll get some better shots posted soon. By weird = baggier around the knee and down? These Samurai's aren't made to be extra tight + I may be a little old for the super-tapered look anyway. Liking the baggier bootcut look, and loving the...
Quote: Originally Posted by hustlenflo22 To post photos, go to fotki.com, upload the pictures one by one from the home page and resize to 640x480...then copy the links into your post--only copy from [IMG]...example...[/IMG], don't include anything outside of the img brackets About the jeans, I don't feel the fit, looks a little weird around the knees Thanks for the help on posting photos. What do you mean by weird? They actually fit almost...
Just got these in the mail from BIG. I Thought they were going to be too small at first, but I wore them during the soak and got no waist shrinkage. Now they fit perfect. Here's some great pics of them standing up after the first soak, as well as some post-soak fit pics with a crap camera and a cracked mirror. Absolutely love these so far, can't say enough about the feel of the denim. More pics to come..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/25793404@N07/ (sorry for the link....