or Connect

Posts by unaware

Quote: Originally Posted by instep And you think potential buyers can't figure that out for themselves? Come on. That seems to be the general consensus of the nay-sayers to banning thread-cr@pping. Their mentality is: "buyers are all too retarded to figure out item is overpriced unless I sh*t all over this thread"
Quote: Originally Posted by FStyles All i can see is that there have been several posts that came and went today that gave me goosebumps with bashing excitement, only to find that everyone refrained from ripping these dudes a new one. A used t-shirt for $300 and a pair of beat up Hugo Boss' for$200 among others. I saw the $300 t-shirt thread almost as soon as it was posted and had a strong urge to go in there and post "wtf are you thinking!?" ...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 I have no problem with people adding useful information that does not ruin the sale. Example, I just recently commented on a shoe sale thread that, with a recrafting service would make the shoe purchase an absolute bargain. Quote: Originally Posted by Kuro So you are ok with comments that help the seller, but comments that help the buyer... Or you can make a comment that...
Quote: Originally Posted by dkzzzz I don't rent 6000 dollar apartments and I don't buy Kia. I am talking about real estate affordable to working stiff like me around 1/2 million and cars that don't suck like Lexus or Toyota. I thought most of us working stiffs don't dream about buying real estate in NYC. Or is that just me?
Quote: Originally Posted by Teger this is not true becuase most stores placed s/s orders before the crisis hit just be patient end of S/S sale should be insane. Retail sales numbers are
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness While we're at it, PSAs should be banned, too, since they both reveal B&S profit margins and prevent sellers from cornering the market. After all, if someone knows they can buy RT cufflinks at TJ Maxx for $50, are they likely to spend $100 for them on the forum? I don't think so. Actually, banning PSA might not be a bad idea. That way, I might actually have a chance of buying some of these things at the...
Quote: Originally Posted by bdbb Ever tried to research old threads to get an idea of the typical price for an item? Once an item sells, most of the large sellers edit the price away to keep future buyers in the dark, whereas someone like me who only buys and sells occasionally will leave the selling price posted for the benefit of the community. Yeah, I hate when sellers remove the price or edit it to "$old". It would be very helpful if...
I'm looking into buying a tux for my upcoming wedding. I'm a size 38R. Looking for single-button, peaked lapel jacket. Prefer midnight blue, but black is fine. Please PM. Thank you.
Quote: Originally Posted by beasty You need to read what Knitteguy said carefully. Imagine you are a newbie looking to buy a classy mens shirt, an upgrade above RPLPL. X, a 'senior member' praise brand Y to the skies. Saying its Saville Row bespoke at Gap price. He then sells it 30% off retail. You being a newbie buy it because brand Y is never on sale according to X. Later on you discover brand Y has no value outside of what X said. I almost...
Quote: Originally Posted by knittieguy This is a fair point, but only if all information is available. Again, there's that assumption that if someone isn't posting the going rate in each sale thread, people will not know what the fair value is.