or Connect

Posts by unaware

Quote: Originally Posted by celery And it becomes a slipperly slope, if people get banned because they say, "Why are you charging so much, I can get this at _____ for less?" The question should be "if I can get this at ____ for less, why the **** am I here trying to talk the seller down to the same price?"
Quote: Originally Posted by FStyles Okay, so again, I can't reaad thru all the posts. Just have a general question. I remember not too long ago, a regular (I think?) posted a designer jacket at a reasonable price. Almost immediately, others called it out as fake (in a nice way) and the trend continued until the seller realized that this and took it off. Now, I don't know the seller so I would have no idea if it was intentional or an overlook, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuro What if my unsolicited opinion is that the price is a bargain? Is it ok to post that? Well, if the potential buyer doesn't realize it's a bargain, leave it to someone else to pick up the item.
Quote: Originally Posted by fcuknu theres a rack full of 100-200 dollar peak lapel tux's... at least there was at 1230. Thanks! Though it's looking rather unlikely that I'll be able to get there before they close...
Quote: Originally Posted by mack11211 My stock comes from the giant Chinese kitchen under NYC that produces food for all the restaurants and also all of the clothing for all of the stores. But that's just my secret. I think I know which one you're talking about...
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba most stores simply do not stock as many. RL for instance only stocks a handful of 38R's in each style at any given time at the princeton store near me. Quote: Originally Posted by Nicola Shops stock what they sell most. If most of the customers take a 44 they'll have lots of choice in 44 and not much in say the 38. I certainly understand that point. It's just interesting...
For those of you that stopped by this morning/last night, do you recall if there were a decent amount of tuxedos still available? I'm looking for a peak lapel one for my wedding and I'm trying to figure out if it'd be worth it to leave work early to go take a look. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba Also, sizes that are popular on this board are not that popular off this board. Think about how many friends/relatives you have that are a size 38, 36....ect. Size 30 pants? size 15.5" neck, size 9 shoes. These sizes are popular here, but i rarely run into someone with those sizes (besides the neck size). Considering the weight and size of the average American, this isn't surprising. What's...
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoJohn I get suspicious when stuff is overly discounted so I shop elsewhere. If you know item X is worth $1000, why are you selling it for $200? Probably because it's fake or there's something wrong with it. Nobody passes on a profit unless there's a catch. "Oh, no no. I just want everyone to really like me so I buy stuff and sell it for far less than I could. I'm not worried about profit, I just want to make people...
And there are ways of making reasonable comments in a polite manner, even if they aren't what the seller might want to hear. For example, when someone has a pair of used shoes for sale, and claims "they might have been worn once or twice" when it's obvious from the creases across the vamp and the scuffing on the bottom and all the scratching everywhere that they were worn dozens if not hundreds of times, I like when someone chimes in, "worn once or twice? in marathons...