or Connect

Posts by unaware

Quote: Originally Posted by Lel I have a question. Does the gift have to be a watch? I mean, 3k is a lot, it could probably get a bespoke tuxedo for your wedding with enough left over for a couple suits, or a pair of shoes... I don't know if she would be offended by you trying to change the gift, but if she is ok with it, then just thank her a LOT afterwards. The thought had crossed my mind, but I got the feeling that while $3000 on...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 There's more to this; she's buying you something you can pass on to her grandson...she will live on forever thru this gift. Don't F this up. no pressure, huh...
Quote: Originally Posted by chison it sounds like she is trying to upgrade your appearance and let everyone know you are not the scrub you appear to be now that you mentioned it, this could very well be the case...
Thanks for the advice. Engraving is definitely a must, don't know why it didn't occur to me before. I'm extremely grateful for her gesture, but the decision part makes me nervous. Like pocketsquareguy said, this seems to be a situation that can set the tone for my relationship with mother-in-law, and I certainly don't want to screw up now, especially on something that appears so trivial. She had her mind set on buying a Rolex, which I convinced her is not necessary...
My future mother-in-law is insisting on buying me a watch as a present for the upcoming wedding. Despite numerous attempts to convince her that it is not necessary (she's already helping to pay for part of the wedding), she is determined. Now, she doesn't know anything about watches (and I know barely more than her), so I'm left with the task of picking out a watch around $3K I'd prefer for it to be as inexpensive as possible, but I don't want to hurt her feelings by...
Quote: Originally Posted by oldseed am i the only one that really doesn't like girls who do this, racking up the bill with drinks? my alarm bells and red alerts go off... your alarm waited till the drinks? should've gone off @ coffee->dinner at some place simple->"I'm a little dressed up"
what size are you normally?
Doh! That tux is my size and exactly what I'm looking for, except for the double reverse pleats. Decisions decisions...
too bad the trousers are already hemmed to a length that's too short for me
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Except Isaia, which SF luffs. I was going to say the same thing. RL seems to get quite a bit of space in GQ as well.