or Connect

Posts by Jen

It's been a long Pitti with spotty internet. The stories are coming.
Of course!http://instagram.com/p/xxUvJILEKE/
Yes. Under the preferences, you can request certain emails. Check the newsletter and uncheck the notifications you don't want. Also, under subscriptions, you can set all of the thread notifications to site only.
There is probably someplace to buy clothes around here . Look forward to meeting you at dinner tomorrow!
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Also useful, at least marginally, would be to show where scientific consensus has been mistaken in the past and what we can learn from that. Scientific consensus is usually not "wrong" but often needs refinement. Best example - Newtonian physics: This theory is not wrong on the scale in which and for which it was developed. However, repeated experiments in the early 20th century showed that it did not...
The Royal Society has just published an article (see the BBC news story here) addressing the issue of solar cycles. The upshot: Quote: Mike Lockwood's analysis appears to have put a large, probably fatal nail in this intriguing and elegant hypothesis [ie, that changes in the sun's output explain the warming trend seen over the past 20-40 years]. This seems to address your only remaining point, Artisan Fan, unless you insist on quibbling over the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stax Do any nations with socialized medicine also have a viable private health insurance industry that offers policies to those who want and can afford specialized care that might not be available through the government program (assuming it's necessary)? The UK also has a separate private insurance system (including private hospitals.) I am not sure how well this works overall. Some people (those with private...
Quote: Originally Posted by javyn I'd say then that they, as well as you, just need to get the fuck over it. Seriously is this the kinda shit you all worry about? A tag on a couch written by someone in China who doesn't have a clear grasp of English to begin with? Tell you what DarkN, I won't call anyone the N or C word, but I'll go ahead and call you a pussy. Hmmm...so you think that since this is a primarily male board, it is acceptable...
It was entirely appropriate for them to report on receiving the package, and to discuss on air the contents of the package. It was entirely inappropriate for them to provide a bully-pulpit to a mass murderer by letting him actually speak on-air. He counted on them to do this when he sent the package, and they delivered. Once the material was aired, it was out of their control. The claim that they will use it sparingly now is a diversion from the fact that they made...
I actually prefer to pick out that sort of book for myself...though an amazon gift certificate might be nice. Online shopping is a great way to pass the time when the little one won't sleep at 3am.