or Connect

Posts by itzamazing

Quote: Anyone know where I can get Earnest Sewn for less? Neiman Marcus Last Call always has tons, at least the ones I have visited...
Sevens in the relaxed fit (button fly) would probably work well for you. It's a trial and error process but I have 2 pairs which really worked well for me...the legs are still bootcut, just not narrow in the thighs.. have large thighs and an ass and I can't wear a lot of these jeans out here without going up 2-4 sizes (could have the waist taken in, but why?).
Quote: Quote: Originally Posted by Etruscan,July 07 2005,07:54 I don't doubt that Westwood does some nice things (I have a couple of her ties that are unusual without being over-the-top), but most of her pieces just seem outlandish, clownish even, and moreover the fabrics are generally not good--both ugly and uncomfortable. (Rubberized denim?  Ugh.)  Westwood strikes me as being more of a huckster (interested in selling) than a designer...
Plenty of jean jackets left when I stopped in today, all were $50. some in a nice darker rinse as well. Lots of jeans in small sizes, didn't really look as I wasn't interested. Some nice sweaters, all very large. Shoes were pretty bad.
Their ad says 50% off.... Quote: Relish Sale Save 50 percent on spring clothes and accessories (including shoes.) from Commes de Garcons, Dries Van Noten, Marni, Nicole Farhi, Alberta Ferretti, and more. 3312 Cady's Alley NW 202-333-5343 Mon.-Wed., 10-6; Thurs., 10-7:30; Fri.-Sat., 10-6 Major credit cards; checks; cash
*Confused* How is Hermes having problems with North Africans relevant to the matter at hand. Aren't the majority of North African countries Arab (hence the constant seperation of North Africa and sub-Saharan Africa when any stats are given, etc.)...so how would one confuse a typical woman from Algeria or Morocco with someone like Oprah?  Of course black people could and do reside in these countries and are Arabs, but if the Hermes people are using the North African thing...
Quote: -- the beautification of an entire class of people who aren't able to afford high-end clothing. What do you mean? There's a major difference between being able to afford higher end clothing and choosing to purchase it. Many people who shop at Costco and other off price retailers could more than afford to shop at Bergdorfs and have bespoke shoes. They simply choose not to as they view it as wasteful or just don't care. Just like many of the...
Quote: I think our legal system is great in this country.  I think our Constitution is the best governing document in history.  Those founders were very smart guys and I have a lot of respect for them.  And, yes, I'm an attorney. As for MJ, I haven't followed it at all.  I don't really have any interest.  If he did those things, lock him up.  Fast. As for OJ, I did follow it and thought the two verdicts were exactly as they should have been.  In the...
I don't. I believe they put dry clean only on everything nowadays (especially relatively expensive garments) to avoid potential liability issues. Even basic cotton items will say dry clean only. Plus, most cashmere items will say dry clean, and I'm told this is one of the worst ways to care for cashmere and can ruin the product. Most modern washers have delicate cycles and you can use a very mild detergent (shouldn't need Tide or Wisk as I wouldn't expect one to be playing...
There was a blurb in the June/July Details announcing launch of Prada denim for Fall 05. There's a picture on page 58. Price range is $295-$495. Of course, seeing as how Prada shut Helmut's denim business and are a very late entry into the world of designer denim themselves, I'm interested in the public (and Prada fans) response to the line. Quote: This fall, Prada starts doing denim. And in classic Prada style, its jeans will be fashioned from minimalist...