or Connect

Posts by JonB27

Tom, any updates on the opening date for the Beverly Hills store?
Quote: Originally Posted by TasselsHongKong We kicked off the Alden 125th Anniversary Celebration by launching the Ravello Shell Cordovan "Hunting Boot" which sold out within a week. To continue the Alden 125th Anniversary Celebration, this month, we are launching the #8 Scotch Grain Shell Cordovan Long Wing. In addition to our regular Alden MTOs, stay tuned for more Alden 125th Anniversary MTOs in 2010. Those hunting boots are...
I actually used an industrial machine to wash my leather (parents are in the garment industry so I have access to machines of all type). As for the jacket, it's nice and dry now, the only difference was that it got rid of that shine, so now it's more of a matte black, and slightly softer/pliable. The liner did not shrink, at least not noticeably, and there is no damage to the leather. Either way I use this jacket when I ride my bike casually and it was way too stiff......
Fok, thanks for the advice on washing the leather... I ended up washing my Aero and it looks much better now, got rid of that new shine and it's not as stiff. I wish I would've done this last year when I got it.
^^Thanks for the info, I'm going to give it a wash and see what happens...
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy Unwashed leather can be a little flat. You wash it, and it gets a very 3-dimensional feel. Plus, the washing brings out a lot of the character of the leather. Most of the better designer leather jackets undergo washes. Traditionalists are often not a fan. A good quality leather (like that used in the ToJ moto) tends to look particularly good after a wash, and because the leather is high quality, you don' really...
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy On a whim, I threw my ToJ horsehide moto in the warm wash just now. It's now flat drying. What's the reason in throwing horsehide in the wash? I have an Aero horsehide moto and it's been slowly loosening up with wear but still quite stiff.
I bought the unlined chukkas and returned them, too narrow and uncomfortable for me...
Nice longwings posted on the last page Ahab... I think I need some longwings in my life!
I wore a Vanson for a while, now I wear a Horsehide Aero Cafe Racer... Fit is great!