or Connect

Posts by CommercialDoc

There are a number RLPL EG shoes which are not displayed on polo.com correct?
Enjoy Dave5! I was nipping at your now fatte a mano clad heals.
pm sent
I know there has been a fair amount of discussion about how great a deal Nitro's Isaia Tuxedos are. http://cgi.ebay.com/YUMMY-NWT-375O-I...QQcmdZViewItem Has anyone purchased one? Are you pleased? I like the jacket a lot. Not so sure about the double reverse pleats. Do you think I will be happy with double reverse pleats on my tuxedo pants?
Quote: Originally Posted by CommercialDoc I think this is precisely the point. You would be hard pressed to find nice sterling links at retail for less than $100+. With SF's buying power and a knowledgeable jeweler, we could probably recreate the Tiffany Elsa Perretti oval's for around $50. I think for now I will work to a consensus on a popular design, the oval's or something else, and then see what I can get together for a bulk deal. I may also...
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmover well, one issue is the cost -- at the theorized price of $50 (or even more for custom designs), I can get 5.5 of the custom pairs for the price of that one you linked to. Second is that they have the garish two-tone thing going on. And I think it's not necessarily the "original" idea, but the fact that it's customizeable, and we all can get on board for that as long as it's good quality, reasonable price and good...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomasso I have some ideas but I'm afraid that your fiance might find them weird . It should be okay. As I said, she finds me weird and is marrying me, so I don't think she will be bothered by the weird ideas. She doesn't have to spend the rest of her life with them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Chris Rimby Absolutely. +1 to this entire statement. We can definitely do heavy double-sided silver links. I do think we should keep one side smaller than a buttonhole. It is more expensive to use a screwpost and tedious. As for choices, I think geometric shapes could be good, i.e. stars, pyramids, spheres, etc. Also animals or flowers might be fun. Do people prefer both sides of identical size and shape...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tampan This sounds very interesting. Is the idea to create a mould, that would ultimately lead to efficiencies? Or is each set a one-off (lost-wax method perhaps)? The kinds of ideas I have had before are probably unique. My other half's (very short) name, or a kris (wiggly dagger). I also like the idea of double-sided, somehow, much prettier than the one-sided ones. I'm probably being completely unrealistic here, do...
Target has them for $60 on sale. They are definitely nothing special. They are three button and kind of stiff feeling and looking. Just thought I would throw it out there for the bargain shoppers. I tried one on the other day but really didn't like it enough to spend the $60.