or Connect

Posts by CommercialDoc

Hotel - the Renaissance or the Fairmont (if it is open yet, scheduled to open 3/29 and should be Pittsburgh's nicest hotel) If you are willing to stay a night in the country near Failingwater, there is a great luxury resort, Nemacolin with four star restuarant Lautrec: http://www.nemacolin.com/ Dining: Alla Famiglia - expensive northern italian, massive portions - strange neighborhood so may want to hire a car unless you know your way around Eleven -...
We have this in our family room, it is the most comfortable leather sofa I have ever sat on. It has the warmest, smoothest leather I have ever felt. We purchased it as a floor model but it is still obscenely expensive. Every time my son touches it, I have a panic attack. Stock photo from ligne roset.
Very much interested in the Kiton in 46. Please PM me details.
We have the Stearns & Foster Estate Collection Luxury Firm Euro Pillowtop. It was under $2k and we are very happy with it.
The Oliver Building - Pittsburgh
Quote: Originally Posted by bullrams Great set-up!! Chandelair (sp?) details plz?!! Sputnik 30" - lots of manufacturers. It is a knock-off of the chandeliers in the Metropolitan Opera House. Purchased through ebay but widely available online.
Quote: Originally Posted by lefty CommercialDoc, nice island. I would never leave that kitchen. Does it open to a sitting area? G, do you look into D & I's bedroom? What's the upcharge for that? One of my favourite dark kitchens: lefty It opens to the great room: The refrigerator door panels were also installed this week: I need to pick up a new microwave.
So the Design Dode in our neighborhood mandates a windowed and privacy side of the house. The kitchen is on the privacy side of the house so we came up with the undercabinet glass block to still let some natural light in. I would have loved to have some real windows. The island is massive - 12' x 11'. The paths arround it are wide enough that they do not pose a problem and people tend to gather on the 3 sides - not the computer area. When we have a lot of people...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 I didn't say it wasn't "nice". Just not my taste To answer your question though: give me some wood, some functional stainless steel appliances (not an ultra-thin convection range or ultra-slim hood) and enough cabinetry and I'm happy Not a frequent poster but spend a lot of time lurking in "Fine Living, Home..." Thought I might contribute something so here is my new kitchen: Still waiting...
4100 sq. above ground w/1700 basement plus a garage. Sometimes it feels too big and sometimes too small.