or Connect

Posts by oneeightyseven

yeah she looks beautiful! That is probably the most accurate depiction of what I had in my mind for year (hell, since I've been on this site I've wanted a JLC with a choco croc strap).Also regarding the Grand Ultra Thin, it looks great in pictures. I guess I will have to try it on and see if I get the same excitement (or lack thereof) that you did
yes, it is going to be a gift for my graduation. I just feel bad because they have paid my entire way through school and everything else so I figured I would still get what I want without the exorbitant price tag.I admit I will have to do my due diligence on the seller. I have also just texted my sister about setting up an appointment with a jeweller she knows to see what he has/if he can get what I need for a decent price.I want to thank you for both your consideration...
I think you are right and I may be just jumping the gun because I saw a deal at a good price. I may be settling a bit because it isn't the exact model I have always wanted. In terms of watches though, I'm fairly certain I want a JLC (something on the simpler side). I guess the Master Grande Ultra Thin fit those parameters which is why I got excited about it, but it wasn't the ideal fit.Something along the lines of what I have always envisioned myself getting was what...
hey! sorry to bother, but what is the name of that JLC?Before I made my appointment at Royal de Versailles I had something like that in mind. I like the simplicity of it, but the only one they had that was similar was the Master Calendar (it had numbers and a lot more going on).I found a picture of another model that I liked but I am unable to find it on the JLC site also. [[SPOILER]]
Stitch, my friend, how have you been?! I've finally made my way back to SF hahaA lot has changed, but overall I'm doing well.Also, thank you for the tip! Excuse my ignorance, but changing time both directions does not hurt the watch? The second JLC is the local one.sorry for the confusion! What I meant by that was are there typical issues that happen around a certain age of the watch that I would have to be looking out for? (i.e a 4 year old JLC watch is susceptible to...
hey! just edited my above post with my options. Thanks!
hey guys, any tips on buying a secondhand watch? is there anything in particular I should be looking out for? The watch will come with box and papers, and I will obviously inspect the case and bezel for dings, but is there anything else that may be indicative of wear that I may not have thought of/may not be immediately apparent? The warranty is also out of date. Is that going to be as big of an issue as I am imagining? Thanks so much! Also, maybe you guys can direct...
I don't really do breakfast that often, but a nice espresso and madeleines on a crisp spring morning is heavenly.
Fun fact: notable Piedmontese winemakers Camilo Cavour and Giuseppe Garibaldi were responsible for Italy as we see it today.Will try some out this weekend.
Yeah that was a huge story. There was apparently 2 boulders that did that big damage.this picture shows just how unlucky they were. I mean, there was so much space around and it just happened to hit that particular spot. Mindblowingand in this video, you can see that the second boulder that stops >4 feet from hitting the other side of the house (put your speakers on mute)