or Connect

Posts by sleepy94

The Toe box feels fine just a little short, they are still comfortable and I wear them twice a week. but I absolutely love the white's archease, I wear an 8D in the standard semi-dress last, the 338 swing last, and the retro oxford. they all work for me.
I bought a pair of 8 E lace to toe JH classics figuring it would be close to the standard 8D white's i normally wear, but not the case. The width is the same but the length feels a little short. I think an 8.5 D would fit perfectly and if i end up going for another pair that is what i will do. One thing to note is that they come with wesco insoles so you can remove them and get a little extra room if needed, or try a slimmer or thicker insole.
not picking on you, Perhaps you should start a money- saving shoe stretching advice thread. That way all this information can be located in one place instead of a buch of different threads. Then we can stick to white's, viberg, nicks or whatever in their respective threads.
Baker's has guaranteed fit. they don't fit send them back. small price to pay for boots that are basically made to last a lifetime. Mine are going on 4 years and are still the most comfortable boots i own. They have molded to my foot. I am getting ready to send in for a resole and I'll be sure to get before and after pictures.
It can look cool with the right leathers.Here is something Rising Sun did with Julian boots to give you an idea of how something like this would lookhttp://shop.risingsunjeans.com/collections/boots/products/the-cadet
This is all capitalism at its finest. High demand and limited supply equals charging whatever the market will bear. At some point when trends shift and stockists end up with vibergs that won't sell we will see prices come back down to earth. This is why viberg is still doing their traditional work boots for much less. Long after the 2030 has gone out of style they'll still be making their traditional work boots for those that actually work in them.
Those sound awesome! I am really loving mine, I haven't been wearing my other white's lately and forgotten how great they fit. even with the heel lowered a 1/4" the arch ease is still perfectly centered on my foot. Was hoping to find a pair of black boots in the sample sale but am seriously considering ordering a custom pair of whites for basically the same price.
Bakers also has a fit guarantee and can sometimes provide boots for test fitting. Whites and Wesco boots can also do custom lasts based entirely on your exact foot. This usually runs around $100 but then they keep your last on file and use it for any other boots you may want to order. I really would worry too much these guys are the best and are very accommodating.
I believe there are a couple of different makers for the baker's oxford. Mine i am fairly certain came from Nick's due to the leathers and 18 week lead time. they are great though. really great quality and fit as well as my whites. if not for the lead time I may have already ordered another pair to rotate. The bakers oxfords are my primary work shoes.
Yup, the retro oxfords from bakers, from my understanding they are more difficult to last than boots but I can't remember where I heard this so not really sure about it. For me what sold me on them was that whites fit my foot like no other. These fit the same as my semi-dress and my bounty hunters and just as comfortable. I've tried other brands but I'm pretty much done buying anything but whites from now on. They are all I want to wear.