or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Interesting idea! BUT, one issue you might face is that most customers neither need, care about, or have the requisite knowledge to use such a database. As such, ultimately utility and traffic might end up less than you anticipate. It will also be important to keep the database current, because bag makers switch factories and license holders all the time. This shouldn't dissuade you from the project, of course, but just be prepared that it might be a lot of work without...
You're welcome!Re: MJ.... unfortunately "full grain leather" can mean a lot of things and there are MANY grades involved; as well a lot of retail outlets are quite liberal in how they define the term, or just outright make stuff up. There are all kinds of practices they use to confuse buyers... "imported" in the "made in" equals China/Vietnam/Asia without having to say so (as opposed to when they happily write "Made in Italy.") "Vegan leather" or "leatherette" just means...
Absolutely. Are there some basic strategies one can employ in order not to make really bad purchases? Sure. But, as you said, there is no real secret society; a good bag in a classic design will cost some money.I think users here tend to have a skewed version of "great buys;" anyone consistently looking at/searching for luxe goods will have that ONE story of finding something amazing at an amazing price. I've had it a few times in 10-15 years. But, 90% of the time I...
M by MJ is a diffusion/second line, priced 1/3 of the main line (which is made in Italy and a top-tier runway brand to compare with Prada, Dior, etc.) My experience with the brand is that the styles are decent and the quality isn't BAD, but there are lots of cut corners in manufacture, materials, hardware, etc. Made in China, so-so leathers, relatively cheap hardware, lots of glue.I've received my first order of LInjer stuff (another coming in the mail)... and am further...
It may be on here somewhere, or even maybe I recommended it a while back... but Daniel Kahneman's "Thinking Fast and Slow" is a great read. I would also recommend Dehaene's "Reading in the Brain" and Christakis and Fowler's "Connected." For something more fun, try anything by Norman Lewis (especially "Voices of the Old Sea")
It's typical on a large thread that there will be peaks and valleys; I think things will definitely get moving again after the next batch gets shipped out. Looking forward to getting my goods as well; can't wait!
Another of my haul from the "grail" tiny shop I found in Japan... same place I found N22 parfum, Mitsouko (vintage), Dior Dior (the long lost Roudnitska), Tiffany, etc. The only one I kick myself for not buying was a vintage bottle of Patou 1000 parfum that came in the gigantic superluxe box. I had so much juice at the time I was like, "eh, why do I need it?" and am now wishing I'd just have snagged it.It's really lovely stuff. Longevity is amazing... the crisp notes a...
I agree! I was thinking of the EdT so am glad you clarified. Yes, I love the Parfum and PdT for my own nose, but it's definitely not for the faint of heart... nor a great fit for a warm/dry spring/summer day.Wanted a classic chypre today, so pulled out my (pre-reform) Tiffany For Men. A really lovely scent that many of us love; it's sort of what Chanel PM used to be (and both made by the same nose around the same time).
Let me see what I can find! Yeah, I wish I'd had more space than a tiny apartment and could have kept/collected some of the stuff I had. Old school Helmut, Prada (and especially the original MIUMIU men's stuff, which was AWESOME), Jil, LOTS of the Japanese designers (especially CdG), and the old Dior Homme from the first collections through FOLLOW ME. I just recently sent to my friend my last pair of the original 1999/2000 Prada Techno pants.But, with changing jobs to...
Interesting, thanks! I wasn't familiar with Troubadour and so enjoyed reading that. Will have to take a look more closely at their goods. The keepall/weekender you posted at the end of your article is especially nice.The styling of the top-handle rucksack reminds me a lot of the 1990's minimal brands that really got me into fashion; for a 5 year period pretty much everything I wore was Helmut, jil, or the "real" Calvin Klein. The straps, clean lines, and buckles make...