or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Maybe wait until the article comes out?For the most part, I'll post them Sunday/Thursday without much additional commentary to let the discussion happen as it will. BUT, for my own sanity, I'd like to request that members take the time to provide some reasons, debate, discussion, etc. that can be built upon to create a useful thread.eg. What's wrong with it? What don't you like? What would you do differently, or what could the designer do differently to make it...
+1. Pics of shoes isolated and not on a person's feet rarely do them justice. Jil's famous Frankenstein Lattanzis are an example... on their own they were hideous, but paired with the right outfit and they were a lot of fun. Likewise with these, they had a lot of small handmade quirks to them, in addition to a very lovely dark, dark navy. In my article I"ll post a pic of the owner, Masao, who wears outfits that look perfect with the shoes. As well, while the shoes may...
Time for a Review and a Preview: Pitti 83: What’s Coming for FW13 It was great to work with the SF Pitti team covering the shows and the collections in January. Over the next few months, I’ll be highlighting a number of these that you’ll see in stores and online for FW13, updating about twice a week. I thought I'd start with a review of the shows as a whole, along with a preview of some of the highlights I'll cover: My vibe of the season: Charles Dickens meets Pitti...
Yes, it's Shirakawa Village in Gifu prefecture. I taught a seminar once in Gifu and so had a chance to visit. It is very beautiful! While the particular shape of the roof is famous to that village, historically many buildings and houses had amazing thatched roofs. While Shirakawa gets government subsidies as a world heritage site to keep them beautiful, you can still find some authentic houses in small towns nearly as beautiful, but without the big...
^Hey, how'd you get a picture of my closet, Horns??? (haha) L'inc, +1, and unfortunately I've never really been able to get much info on it. Lots of reviews/opinions, but not much info other than "in 1990 Roudnitska made a fragrance for Mario Valentino called 'Ocean Rain.'" Well, DUH. The best review I saw of it called it an "indolic aquatic." That's spot on, IMHO. You're right, though, about the packaging (in addition to the name and everything else). A true...
I guess I've gotten used to the truly rotten note in DIor DIor and Diorella (not to mention the "more" overripe of La Parfum de therese), but definitely I can see your point. Though, like you, I wear it for the historical value, on a shelf next to Eau Sauvage, Diorella, Diorissimo, etc. it wouldn't hold up. It sort of feels like their ugly little sister (haha).I've never read, but want to know, the history of how it was developed and how Mario Valentino got the formula. ...
LUCKY!I've been in transit, so haven't read the thread for a few days. The earlier discussion of Jicky definitely sounds like civet that the poster mentions. He might also try Ungaro II and see if he gets a similar funky note in it.ANyway, back home and going through the closet... so Ocean Rain today. Roudnitska's last scent, you can definitely feel the DNA. It's sort of DIorissimo meets Acqua di GIo (haha). It has the Roudnitska base in it, the complex Eau Sauvage,...
I'm for sure in on the next split; I only had a chance briefly to sample Sycomore but I understood quickly the appeal.That OR I could trade some from my collection of spiffy extraits if anybody has the big 300ml jobby and wants to share 30-50ml or so.
Good recs, T. Hipster, it seems like the ones you have are mostly warmer weather, so definitely good to find some for winter. I might also recommend the original Michael Kors man or the original Gucci Pour Hoomme (by Tom Ford.) Comme des Garcons Incense series also seems to be a hit with many.
That Raf can reminds me when I saw some Gianfranco Ferre pepsi (or coke?) from around the same period. You know fashion has jumped the shark when they start putting their names on Coke. I thought it was bad enough when I saw Prada, D&G, and Versace phones... but Raf cola is something else. Looking forward to Dior toilet paper (hopefully it will have the bee logo on it!!! ZOMG!)