or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

^I loved Parfum D'hermes! Isn't Rouge related to it? SOTD: Pasha de Cartier. Another that I found in one of my boxes from Japan of winter stuff I'd not unpacked. Found it along with two old bottles of Monsieur Givenchy, Marc Jacobs Men, and a half-ounce parfum bottle of Coco. Pasha is a nice "gentlemanly" scent... but nothing stellar. Descrips usually read "Mint/lavender/sandalwood" and that's pretty much it. Some patchouli for kick. It FEELS like a much older...
Unfortunately no experience with La Portagena! I've heard of the brand and I seem to recall seeing some pieces on YOOX a while back, but never saw any up close or in person. In other news, SAINT LAURENT continues to disappoint. Two new bags from their current collection available at MrPORTER. Each is over $1500. Looks like something you'd get at American Apparel for $40.
I'd say probably (2) the classic shopper and (4) the vertical pocket tote. The former is a little more casual while the latter could easily be used for school/work. You could also easily blend (2)/(3) (classic shopper but with some infusion of the horizontal shopper/picnic bag) and (1)/(4) (rectangular top-zip with some added functionality and pockets) to make a very versatile hybrid.The main thing you DON'T want to do (in my opinion) is try to put everything "into one...
Interesting pics and opinions! I agree with Roman that you might not get new customers with oxblood you already wouldn't get with brown. With green or gray, though, you might. So, I think for new colors I'd agree oxblood could wait (even though it would make a good looking bag). As for totes, organizing what we have said above, you have four basic categories (ignore the particulars/colors... just the overall style). Of course, there are endless variations depending on...
When you are ready, do a Poal. Then you'll get not only the vocal chatty kathys like us, but also the non-vocal buyers, too.
Brand:RL Polo (made in England) Model: I believe they are the HENLEY, but I'm no RL expert (please update me if I'm wrong) Size: 9.5D Condition: In good shape but with a little wear as per pictures. Details: No dustbag/box.
^Honestly, Kira, most people in general have no clue a hide is exotic and so they rarely ask. If they knew what elephant hide or sea turtle looked like, maybe they'd complain. But, typically they don't. In general, though, the only exotic pieces I use are small (wallets/card case, etc.) so it's more a personal luxury than one in public. That eelskin brief is far too loud for my tastes... but go for it if it fits your budget and you like it. After you use it for a...
Agree @hroi and @fazalmajid. We could find a happy medium; I used to have this green (goatskin) bag from McQueen that was somewhere between olive and racing. I'd also add: 1) Medium Gray (somewhere between Dove Gray and Charcoal/Graphite). Two examples (both CN SS09) 2) Petrol Blue. I have no bags in this, but always have wanted one. I had a Tom Ford for Gucci suit back in the early 2000's in this color and it's always been one of my favorites. 3) Not my personal...
I've never had an eel skin bag; Dolce&Gabbana did some in it a few seasons back, IIRC. It's not a bad looking hide, if you like the papery shininess of it. It's quite thin so I wonder how it would hold up over time; they'd also have to stitch together several hides to make a case, which I fear might create some ugly seams or places where damage could occur.Short answer for any bag is... as long as you can afford it, go for it! Experimenting is the fun part; you'll learn...
Mulberry isn't crap, by any means; I just meant that for $2000 it's nothing to write home about.Just personal taste... but I'm not a fan of frame/structured or hardshell cases like those you posted above. IMHO it's a style you have to grow into; I've seen VERY few younger guys sport a hardshell case (especially in an exotic hide) and not look like it was part of a costume OR something from the salvation army. A 70-year old art gallery owner who bought the briefcase in...