or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Thanks! I liked both the bag and the brand. Good bag pics are notoriously hard to take, so I don't have any from the booth at Pitti, but it's worth a perusal of their website to check them out. I found that they weren't too stuffy/SAB territory, but then again weren't too casual like a "fashion" bag. They rode a fine line between functionality and style.I also like that it was a bag brand I didn't know well; I'm happy to see a number of new brands outside the major...
Serapian Cashmere Collection 24hr Bag: Dressed up or down, a great collection of soft leather bags for work or travel. New for FW13 is the “Cashmere” leather collection from Italian maker Serapian, a line of soft leather bags and accessories in a number of styles and colors. The flagship of the line is their 24-hr bag in dark chocolate leather. Context for the Season: With price increases, currency fluctuations, and legal loopholes allowing for opaque, even dubious...
A(LeFrude)E: One part Lanvin, two parts LL Bean, and a dash of Issey Miyake for flavor The best part of a show like Pitti Uomo are the complete surprises: brands one sees for the first time that give a refreshing take on something classic, or a unique vision assembling familiar materials in a new way. One such surprise for me was A(LeFrude)E (pronounced “ah-le-froo-duh”), a Japanese brand designed in Tokyo by Daisuke Sano. Looking at his FW13 collection, I saw...
How long have you had the coat/where did you get it? The tough thing about Ferre is that dating a piece is made difficult by tons of diffusion lines, changing suit labels/production, etc. This one is tagged "Studio," which hasn't been in production for quite a while. It was one of the better diffusion lines, but still marks the jacket as being fairly vintage (1990's?) There has been a lot of unsold vintage deadstock from these lines distributed out there... most...
Thanks for this link! Aside from the slightly frightening model wearing the stuff, it does a good job of showing the fit and the relatively accessible pricepoints. BUT, they definitely are the kind of garments most appreciated in person; if I simply saw them on a model I'd be unimpressed. Seeing (and touching) them in person, I quickly became a fan.
Yes, I think they do; look at the second pic (with the model in the red coat); you'll see the shoulder strap hanging down.
Unfortunately I don't have a stockist list, at least not yet (probably closer to FW13 being in stores such a list will get distributed)The brand itself is Spanish, but I'm not 100% sure that everything is made there. In any case, for the price, I found it good quality and well designed.
FW13: Yuketen Messenger Bags Yuketen designer Yuki Matsuda is especially proud of his leather bags for Fall/Winter 2013. Made in Italy and fashioned after the famous US mail bags of the past, he’s also added the small details that have made Yuketen a go-to brand for fans of artisanal, quality, unique products. I was able to talk to Yuki and handle the bags in person in Florence. What I like: those who have read the Manbag threads know that I like a simplicity of...
Florentino Etro meets Junya at a Hugo Boss Pricepoint: What's not to like? If you start with a budget of $25,000, it’s fairly easy to look great. You go to the store or tailor of your choice, tell him what you want, and trust that he will provide you with the best of whatever is on offer. A man wearing a Caraceni suit with Scafora shoes, H&K shirt, and all the rest should hardly be surprised when he receives compliments. If you have only $1500, however, the dynamic...
Fragrance Match-up: Lorenzo Villoresi and Torre of Tuscany Pitti 83 wasn’t just about clothes or shoes, but also a wide range of premium accessories ranging from shaving goods to cookies to socks. Two of my favorite parfumeries featured were Lorenzo Villoresi and Torre of Tuscany. The context: The premium fragrance market, like the premium denim market of a decade ago, is supersaturated almost the point of incomprehensibility. A dedicated fragrance fan could sniff a...