or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

That's a good point I didn't consider.re: handlegate... I giggled as well. I didn't know anybody else was calling it that! It's a great name for it, though. Let's just hope that in the taped recordings from the Linjer Oval Office between Jenn/Roman and their Chiefs of Staff they use nicer language than Tricky Dick.
I actually agree, all things being equal. However, for me leather or canvas wouldn't be a dealbreaker, because I won't use the strap anyway (I feel the same about straps on weekenders as I do about totes... but I digress). The dealbreaker, as I'm sure Jenn and Roman have realized... would be the final MSRP. Each little detail added also adds $$$, and I suspect they are already with all the nice little extras in there getting close to that ever-dangerous, thin line...
Rand is my Senator not too far away. No way he'll make it that far to the general election; imagine all the buzz for Rick Perry back then. I'll eat my shoe... seriously... if Rand gets anywhere close. I've met him... I've run into him at the airport... I've seen his Mom jeans. No way. He's got a good narrative because it's so far until the election. He has so much potential baggage (opposition research) just waiting to collapse.
Am I really posting in this thread? Well, yes! Perhaps some of you know, but I'm now a homeowner of some property once belonging to my folks down in KY. Out in the country. Plenty of wild animals, snakes, and potential undesirables who drive slowly past in old trucks. Police and fire far enough away to make a difference. I've inherited a Mossberg shotgun that sits behind my door. Any recommendations for a good, affordable pistol that will make a difference... but...
Exactly. I think Obangye's youth and vigor (and the narrative of inexperience), coupled with the nostalgia for Reagan, work in her favor re: age.Not since Nixon have we had such an experienced candidate.Oh, f*#k....well, at least the first term will be okay!edit...I'm joking, but again look at Nixon. Representative. Senator (from Cali). Then Vice president under Eisenhower. From 1960-68 private experience in law and the lecture circuit. Probably the best resume of...
+1. Rereading my posts, I sound like a big supporter... but not so. More just like a realist. Christie? Rubio? I don't see it. Again, from experience as an admitted willing convert to conservatism... I've already spent my vote for a young, smart, enthusiastic ethnic guy ready to shake things up (Rubio). I did that and found that he totally got outfoxed by better chessplayers. Lack of experience made him a joke and boxed him further into "the bubble."I'm also burned...
History is also on her side. One cannot overlook the interest in a woman president. Speaking purely from my own experience, until I actually found out who Sarah Palin was... I was initially really excited that McCain picked a woman. I remember hearing the announcement in my car and being so thrilled/amazed at his courage. Of course that changed when I realized who she was... but still... the interest in a non-white old rich man is pretty strong. White old rich...
I'd say "yes," less because I'm a supporter, a liberal, or because "it's her turn," than just because she's been out there so long it's hard to imagine what can be used against her. I'd hate to be doing opposition research; the right blew their load on Clinton stuff long ago. Benghazi? Emails? I don't think it has traction or staying power. Then again, what are they going to do... bring back Whitewater? Unless the Repubs can get a really great candidate to shine...
YAAAY! Absolutely agree. When I read all you fellows trying all the newest niche stuff, without having tried the true classics, it makes me sad. Like waiting in line for the latest Donna Tartt when you've not even opened Flaubert. The EdP (or PdT) and of course Parfum are also heavenly. Unlike Chanel, which changes the character with concentration, Guerlain sort of just pushes the "core" further each time. SO, the parfum is a dark, spicy, heavenly elixir. The EdT,...