or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Pretty much same here. I really hate the feeling of anything in my clothing pockets (pants, jacket, etc), so I keep pretty much everything in the bag.Today, for example I'm using my AiP tote and have inside:(1) A4 sized portfolio (inside goes papers, notebook, datebook, etc. (2) smaller zip pouch/clutch (like 10X6 inches) that holds keys, pen case, phone, USB in a little clamshell case, etc; (3) a water bottle, and (4) a zip/long wallet.If I know I'll be walking a lot or...
Sorry for the multi-edited wall of text here; I want to choose my words carefully in order to be clear and not cause drama.To your first point, AiP is only about half the price of Hermes at US Retail. At the time of having my bag made in late 2010, I felt it was worth the price. Would I feel that way now knowing she wouldn't be the one making it? No, honestly. I'd probably only do it if there were a substantial reduction in the price. Would I be really disappointed if...
This is true, though from what was posted above it looks like there is some machine-stitched stuff there as well.Of course, I don't expect that Bea should have to chain herself to her leatherworking stand until she's 100 years old; I'm glad she's gotten to a position and customer base that will allow her to train others while hopefully getting a little more freedom to enjoy the fruits of her labor.That being said, I've never really considered her shop a "brand," such that...
Herz is a good brand and I haven't really seen many bags like the one you are posting. You might try a custom job from one of our new affiliates, Azzuraa.http://www.styleforum.net/t/459017/azzuraa-bespoke-leather-goods-official-affiliate-thread/0_100#post_7837953I did a travel bag and was pleased with the results. Pricing might also be quite close to the HERZ, but fully customized to your specs.Yes, Ferragamo is (IMHO) one of the worst bang-for-buck/quality-to-price...
Wow, thanks for that updated information. I have to admit that IS rather disappointing. Much (if not most) of the fun was working directly with her, getting her insights and ideas, and her own personal touches here and there.Oh well! While I'm sad to hear this, I'm glad that she will be passing on her knowledge and talents to another generation.
Whatever happened to this one?
^It's Nubuck; that's how it's supposed to look. And the hardware is bronzed/antiqued to give it that finish.
Depends on the type of leather and severity of the marks. Usually letting it dry thoroughly and then treating it will take care of them.Worst case scenario, though, is you just have to live with them. I had an LV Damier Geant whose vachetta trim, even with treatment, got wet once in a sudden storm and always had the marks. I like my bags to wear/patina and be USED, though, rather than stay museum pieces... so it didn't freak me out too much.But the Linjer leather, with...
Excellent! Please feel free to update this thread with some pics and your opinion of the results. Hope you enjoy it! BUT, when you get your first taste of bespoke... be warned... you never go back. It makes it really tough to go shopping after that!
It's essential to care for your expensive leather bags and always keep them moisturized and protected. This is true of any brand that uses "real" leather that isn't heavily coated/treated. You have no idea how many generations of first-time LV buyers paraded their vachetta bags around to friends only to be horrified at what happened when it sprinkled. Likewise how many dropped a fortune on an Hermes box calf bag and then set it down on the ground, touched it with...