or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

No confidence to post old fit pics, but I did today randomly find in an old box of files this invitation from way-back-when. Good memories. I distinctly recall being pretty broke that winter. BUT, I did have several great pairs of pants, several Egyptian cotton sweaters with all the weird bondage straps, a canvas rucksack, a carpenter's bag, and a coated cotton peacoat built to withstand mortar fire.
Chamade EdT for a wonderfully nice Spring day. I've been waiting for months for the right day for this one. The best of "early spring/early fall" scents. Hyacinth, Guerlinade, and a wonderful spicy note (carnation?) that pushes it from floral into unisex territory. Ignore the floral/powder "grandma" blast at the front and watch how wonderfully it develops after a few minutes.
I understand the feeling by Linjer to provide as much point-for-point information as possible, but I encourage them maybe to let the thread be for now and handle the issues on a case-by-case basis. I think they've explained things clearly and are obviously going to stand by their product. I don't think much more can be accomplished through added explanations or replies to each and every comment, except to go further (and unnecessarily) on the defensive, derail the thread,...
This was my main reason for doing my initial review. For the money AT RETAIL, I thought they couldn't be beat. I also purchased a few more items since then and have been equally pleased.I also think your comment above about this being an initial launch is very apt; members were also given considerable discounts in order to be early backers. In short, while again I don't think members should just "deal" with this problem... I do think some patience, consideration, and...
ps I'm curious (and maybe Linjer will 'fess up) how many bags we are talking about vs. total orders. Of course the thread now looks like the entire launch is plagued with marks... but the SF audience is only a small part of the total orders. 10%? 5%? Fifty total bags out of several hundred ordered? Again, it helps to get a real dose of scope. Any restaurant owner will tell you that for every 20 satisfied customers it only takes ONE dissatisfied one to throw the whole...
Oh, jeez. And they also must hire a personal courier and guard dogs to deliver the raw materials to your house to be put together, on site, in front of you. And whatever you do, don't take paint thinner at it. (I'm kidding, of course)Guys, seriously, take a chill. As far as I'm reading, nobody is being told that they just have to live with these issues or that their bags are "final sale." So, I'm not sure what makes the whole thing a disappointment or worthy of freaking...
These are good points and I agree.Whenever I see startups for leather makers... I always have a tinge of envy/jealousy that they are making the dream a reality. BUT, when I think of these kinds of logistical stresses (and how much I know they'd give me ulcers!) .. it makes me happy just to be able to post random musings from my cushy armchair at home. Nice to see, though, that they are willing to make things right for customers and are standing by their product. (And for...
I realize it's just semantic... but semantics are what come up in google searches and sadly most people don't really read much beyond keywords. I think we should mark clearly that though the bag is damaged, it isn't really a "defect" with the bag. A defect is a manufacturing issue... eg the handles come off, the leather is discolored, or the zipper is misattached.The marks people are almost certainly due to transit/shipping. DHL or whomever the shipper is must have...
That makes sense; I agree with your last part that having some pre-selected ones will be very helpful. MOST guys looking for a bag might say "I'm doing research looking for a bag" but really they just want a suggestion or two to help wade through all the options. They aren't really in a position... or interested... in comparing the straps and buckles and how many litres of space are inside. Especially at the entry-level pricing; mostly they will be looking for a...
Yeah, I agree. I think going at your bag with paint thinner is a really bad idea. It's not really a stain, but an indentation, so I don't really know what paint thinner would do other than risk ruining/staining the entire front of your bag. I've had some bags get indentations from being up against a chair or the handles while in storage. Typically I'll just give it a very thorough moisturizing with Collonil stuff and their spray protector, or some other good leather...