or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

I really liked it, but then again tote/shopper styles with a zipper top are one of my favorite styles. Quality was excellent, made in France, good color/leather, and the size was nice (big enough for anything but not too huge). If you look on their e-store they have it with a model carrying it and it functions also as a document carrier/work bag. It also comes in black!Here's the link:http://www.lacomediehumaine.com/shop/en/46-maillot-a-manches-courtes-blanc.htmlI have...
La Comedie Humaine: Balzac wears vintage YSL couture. Paris once dominated fashion from menswear to couture to accessories, but with the rise of London, Milan, Tokyo, and New York, it’s become surprisingly difficult to find new and innovative French designers. I was therefore pleased to find La Comedie Humaine at Pitti, a brand centered in Paris and designed by Vincent Louis Voinchet. I had a chance to view the FW13 collection and speak with him about his ideas, his...
Artisanal Japanese Roundup: Kaoru Kaneko, Quilp, H’Katsukawa from Tokyo, Spellbound by Simplicity From shoes to bags to menswear, Japanese brands were well represented at Pitti, continuing for FW13 the tradition of unique, high quality items with a strong aesthetic vision and commitment to excellent materials. I covered several of these in Florence; though each is quite different, the thread that binds them is a focus on quiet, simple luxury without pretension or hype. ...
Good choice! Please post a review of it in the Manbag thread when you do. It would be great to get some customer reviews. I've never owned one of the bags, so could only give my sense based on handling one in the showroom.Thanks. Stay tuned for several more coming in the next few weeks, including Mismo, Giorgio Fedon, Daniel&Bob, and my personal favorite, Graae (a handmade luxe brand from Denmark. Best of the best!)
That's disappointing! I haven't really followed or bought from the brand since, perhaps, 2003-04, so I didn't know they'd moved that far down.
Agreed. I haven't purchased one in years, but I also found that Dries was one who offered a nice product at a fair price (compared to the "big" brands).Overall, with minimal stuff, this is exacerbated by the fact that it "looks" exactly the same on the store shelf. Unless you have a microscope to analyze thread counts or count stitches on a hem, you really can get sold on a mid-range item thinking it's almost as good as the original. You only realize the difference on...
FW13 Joseph Abboud Red by Bernardo Rojo Going back to look forward? A return to another fashion time with greater ease and greater accessibility. The Abboud brand is back with a vengeance. No longer the Buick LeSabre of the fashion world, a conservative “starter suit” for a man bridging department store with designer, Abboud is positioning itself as a new American luxury brand with a wide range of styles and pricepoints. They also have a new designer, Bernardo Rojo,...
^They range from 600-1200 euros, so perhaps $800-1500, with this 24hr bag being toward the top end. I can't say exactly that's what it would be in a US store, given tariffs, store premiums, etc. In any case, it is definitely a premium brand, though I feel the prices are fair for the level of quality. Keep in mind a comparable bag like this from Gucci, Prada, or ferragamo would be $2500+. Lv's Naxos 24hr bag is $4200 or so when I saw it in the stores a year or two back....
Thanks! I liked both the bag and the brand. Good bag pics are notoriously hard to take, so I don't have any from the booth at Pitti, but it's worth a perusal of their website to check them out. I found that they weren't too stuffy/SAB territory, but then again weren't too casual like a "fashion" bag. They rode a fine line between functionality and style.I also like that it was a bag brand I didn't know well; I'm happy to see a number of new brands outside the major...
Serapian Cashmere Collection 24hr Bag: Dressed up or down, a great collection of soft leather bags for work or travel. New for FW13 is the “Cashmere” leather collection from Italian maker Serapian, a line of soft leather bags and accessories in a number of styles and colors. The flagship of the line is their 24-hr bag in dark chocolate leather. Context for the Season: With price increases, currency fluctuations, and legal loopholes allowing for opaque, even dubious...