or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Me too. It's tough to get any leather Hermes bag for less than $5000, so my initial hunch on pricing would be $8-11k.That's just a guess, though, so I hope anybody who has definitive info will chime in.
Absolutely gorgeous SS13 rucksacks from Hermes. The good news? Finally a rucksack/backpack that is superlative, beautiful, functional, and will last long enough to pass on to your grandchildren. The bad news? It will cost more than their first car. (sorry if they've been posted already; I've not had a chance to read the thread in a while)
Please enclose a pic of the inside label. Is it Calvin Klein Collection (made in Italy) or regular Calvin Klein? CK line? They are all different. From the luggage tag in the first pic, it looks more like CK Calvin Klein. THANKS!
Nothing all that dramatic. Just life changes, more IRL responsibilities, some of my forum friends (eg Teh RJ, GoSurf, et al) going into the hinterlandz. Once you go away for a bit, you come back to find you no longer get the jokes.It's somewhat like getting rid of your TV... the first week is tough, but six months down the road you find that you no longer wonder much what is happening. A year or more later you find that largely you've forgotten what it was you were...
In a perfect world without $$$ considerations, I'd have simply Jicky parfum, Portrait of a Lady, Parfum de Therese, and Diorella. I can make a convincing case (IMHO) for why those four can encompass all that is possible in the realm of parfumerie, masculine and/or feminine..
Merci. BUT, honestly, it may be hard for some "old readers" to believe, but I'm down to less than ten scents these days! Pretty much, these days, all I use are Chamade, Jicky, Diorella, Miss Dior, JHL, n22, and for fun an old bottle of "Ocean rain."Each solves a certain fragrance "problem:" Chamade for florals. Jicky for orientals. Diorella for fresh/crisp scents (Eau sauvage, Eau d'hermes, etc.), Miss Dior for Chypres (Chanel pour homme, Tiffany Men, etc.), n22 for...
Sneaking in: Aramis JHL. Wonderful "old school" gentlemanly scent for the upcoming fall. Looking over the last few pages... I have to take some credit (along with several others, including mi amigo T, L'inc, and others) that you fellows are doing an AMAZING job with scents these days. If you read the early days of this and other early SOTD threads, it was all "OMG that's a WOMAN'S FRANGRANCE" and other bullshit. You fellows have TRULY exceeded the Prof's...
Jeez, I'm trying to flirt with you here (haha j/k). You're making this difficult. Okay, then just give me two "blank" recs for a wine under $25. one white, one red. I'll buy them both, as you've ne'er steered me wrong. No "La Crema chard," as I've been there. A different one (for white).I shall tell Vanna that Mr. Sayjak sends his smutty regards.
Okay, what about a chenin blanc?I shall try to post more often... but it's doubtful. I'm so out of the loop by now... and hardly know anybody who's about now. I did, however, chat recently with our mutual amigo Vanna (GoSurface)... he's well.Life is wonderful in Pro Fab world... getting married this fall, plenty of good work, and such... but by now, I've got all the wardrobe I need, all the fragrances, all the bags... and so after a while I simply fell out of favor with...