or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Not crazy about the embossed croc; but embossed leathers are REALLY touchy and can sometimes be "iffy." IMHO, I think it's better just to offer standard leathers in assorted colors rather than waste the extra effort embossing an exotic hide that won't wear/show like the real thing. The Gadwall tote styling looks very good. I think especially in the nubuck/suede you offer it would look nice. Could you possibly show a pic of that? Btw, I'm placing an order for a pair of...
Thanks! I'm looking forward to the March shipment of the Linjer portfolios. I also ordered one in Navy... so will report back upon arrival.
Clogs of cordovan Flurries of snow and whimsy Bitch, learn the Haiku
Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire.Dior Diorella (the current version you can get is okay, too)Try the CdG Incense series, especially Kyoto.One of the good fig fragrances... Diptyque philosokos, L'artisan Premier figuer, or even Marc Jacobs Man (in a pinch)TdC Sel de VetiverI'll throw in Guerlain Jicky just because it's required for every post I make. (dead horse, beat) I'll also offer Chamade, but one must have cojones the size of bowling balls to pull it off.
What bag/item is it from? Reaching far back into my memory, I THINK some of my old-school Versace stuff had snaps like that. Assuming I'm correct, it would be a great sign; the older Versace stuff was built like tanks and had some of the best quality around. FIMMA Italy are another good maker (though of course Fiocchi is the most famous)
Yep, the old juice has a gorgeous incense note with an aldehyde top. It creates a really lovely creamy/deep/resin/funk note that only the classic Chanels can do right. Think CdR but with a soft, powdery POW instead of that fecal Pudeur note.
Margiela is solid. I miss some of my Margiela stuff, almost as much as that damn mushroom-brown Valentino reporter bag I sold off. But, alas, one makes sacrifices. ToJ makes bags now?The Linjer tote is really nice, btw. I can say from experience.
Either way, it'll work out. Your friend will be very happy, or it will work for your purposes. The sad truth is that after playing around and exposing them all to wear, the Linjer is working better than a whole horde of my (fancy designer at ridiculous prices) items. Pshaw. Luckily I still have some old Tom Ford Gucci and Jil Sander stuff from the 1990's that you can shoot with a large-calibre weapon and keep in tact. These save me from feeling I wasted my money all...
Very cool; it's always nice to find other buyers who agree. I also have received some products I ordered and have been very pleased with the attention to detail, quality, pricing, and functionality. In a few years after their coverage in Forbes and Vogue, it will be nice for us to have a chance to "name drop" among friends that we knew the Linjer folk way back when. Let's hope they remember us during their lucrative IPO. j/k
Terrible weather, long week... so rather than something rare and fancy, I want something reliable and comforting. Thus, alas, it's Bell's Two Hearted and "Layla and Assorted Love Songs."