or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Who wears Kouros in the cold???? Anyway, it's one of the true greats of male parfumery; puts hair on your chest! But, for the faint of heart, I DID recommend as a better alternative Orange Spice, which is a friendlier orange-ier Kouros with Creed's house notes. Other than Ambre Canelle, Cypres Musc, and Bois de Santal, Creed doesn't make anything decidedly foul (in a good way)
You need acerbic yet fresh.I don't know if they've reformulated it, but I always liked the old Barney's Route du the, which was foul and fresh. If you've gotten lots of pricey commissions this year, go for Malle Bigarade concentree or Cartier Declaration. You might also give the original Kouros a spin this summer or, better yet, Creed Orange Spice.All stink to high heaven at first, but you just have to trust me. Some others to try might be TDC Sel de vetiver (dopey is a...
Are those the ones only available at the boutiques? I tried the ones several years back that were 30mls and priced at about a bajillion euros (opoponax, oeillet, etc). They were fair but not for that kind of scratch. Are the ones you mentioned a new line?
+1. I'm usually a fan of no logos whatsoever, but I don't find the WANT branding egregious. In fact, in some cases, I like the contrasting or hint of color it adds to the front of an otherwise minimal bag. And, unlike LV or Prada, it's not a brand enough people know that the branding becomes obvious or annoying.
^ Thanks for this info; I'm not familiar with the brand! If possible, could you add this to the MANBAG thread in SW&D? Then more people can review it. Thanks! http://www.styleforum.net/t/115841/the-definitive-manbag-thread-post-feedback-brands-here/2400_100
WANT Les Essentiels de la vie: FW13 Leather bags and accessories Classic styles, excellent quality, fair pricing, pleasing (yet functional) aesthetic, and a hint of seasonal color make FW13 definitely worth a look. I had a chance to discuss the collection with WANT designers Byron and Dexter Peart at Pitti. What I like: I liked what I saw both physically and conceptually. Physically, the bags were very well made and aesthetically pleasing. Quality of the leather and...
Good choices. Mecheri is one of the great underhyped houses. Consistently puts out great juice in all the genres but rarely gets much press. I liked her loukhoum super-sweet much better than the hyped Lutens; her Musc is one of the best.Jicky, of course, is always a hit in any concentration.I haven' tbeen on SOTD in ages, so next time shall have to share the story of (1) how I nearly got kicked out of the SMN flagship in Florence in January and (2) made a new best...
Hey gals. Long time no see. PdN NY is lovely juice. Strange how times change.... Spring 2003-2004 this was THE scent on Basenotes (haha). Followed then by Yohji and several others.Anyway, L'interdit parfum for me today. Aldehydes, a bit of strawberry, and some lovely florals and musks. Imagine a nicer, warmer, deeper Chanel no. 5 with a fruit note. The current "Les Mythiques" isn't a BAD reformulation, but is just a pale EdT powdery mix. Bottles of vintage parfum...
Giorgio Fedon 1919: Classic Leathergoods and Accessories Made in Italy One of the highlights of Pitti83 was finding interesting non-fashion items, ranging from perfumes to socks to leather accessories. My charge was to find unique items that were high quality, relatively accessible in terms of price (or at least had a good price-to-value ratio), and were distinctive without being too garish. One that fits all of these criteria is the Italian leather brand GIORGIO...
Daniel & Bob: Your own neighborhood Bottega Veneta In my experience, finding a good business bag is fairly easy. Aside from color and the grade of leather, there are only so many variations on a classic men’s briefcase and after a certain point, the differences all lie in the small details. I’ve also found that it’s fairly easy to find a sports or school bag: one looks for function and a relatively low price, and often chooses from a narrow range of lightweight synthetic...