or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Azzuraa is a new SF Affiliate who provides custom leather goods and shoes at affordable prices. They offered me a test drive and I'm happy to report my findings. I admit it's a fairly lengthy/involved read, but I think it's important for anybody considering bespoke (whether with this brand or any other) to know what it all involves and how to go about enjoying the process. Affiliate...
That didn't take long (haha).Out of curiosity, what's not for you about the bag? Impulse buy? Do you just not need a work/briefcase style bag?I remember when I was in my early-20's I got a really awesome, stellar-quality (made in France) Givenchy briefcase. Beautiful. BUT, it was just a little too formal for my job at the time... which really didn't need a briefcase. So, I sold it.Anyway, I'm just curious why you want to get rid of it so soon.EDIT; I see you mentioned...
Edit; moving it over to the manbag thread!
When you deal with a master artisan, whether it's for a kitchen cabinet, sportcoat, bed, set of dishes, or a leather bag... you are going to pay for their experience and talent. Though expensive, you should consider that the same level of workmanship from any major brand from Prada/Gucci to Hermes would be 3-4x's what Bea charges.
Got my navy portfolio today; I'm really happy with it. This was one ordered on faith (meaning I didn't see it in sample form before ordering) and I have to say that pound-for-pound it just might be the best piece in your collection. Functional, size is great, love the color/feel of the leather, the layout of the inside... and of course the price. The subtle handle on the side is also a really nice addition. Unfortunately, a portfolio isn't as "sexy" as a weekender or...
Those are both good points. One should also realize that a canvas strap also isn't an automatic sign of poor quality or "cheapness," even if it is economically more feasible for a brand's bottom line to use one. I applaud Jenn's candor above about the reasons behind the switch... but think it could easily be misread.Here, for example, is a $7300 Hermes bag with a canvas/textile strap, no doubt chosen less for economy than durability, lightness of weight, and fit (as...
That's a good point I didn't consider.re: handlegate... I giggled as well. I didn't know anybody else was calling it that! It's a great name for it, though. Let's just hope that in the taped recordings from the Linjer Oval Office between Jenn/Roman and their Chiefs of Staff they use nicer language than Tricky Dick.
I actually agree, all things being equal. However, for me leather or canvas wouldn't be a dealbreaker, because I won't use the strap anyway (I feel the same about straps on weekenders as I do about totes... but I digress). The dealbreaker, as I'm sure Jenn and Roman have realized... would be the final MSRP. Each little detail added also adds $$$, and I suspect they are already with all the nice little extras in there getting close to that ever-dangerous, thin line...
Am I really posting in this thread? Well, yes! Perhaps some of you know, but I'm now a homeowner of some property once belonging to my folks down in KY. Out in the country. Plenty of wild animals, snakes, and potential undesirables who drive slowly past in old trucks. Police and fire far enough away to make a difference. I've inherited a Mossberg shotgun that sits behind my door. Any recommendations for a good, affordable pistol that will make a difference... but...
YAAAY! Absolutely agree. When I read all you fellows trying all the newest niche stuff, without having tried the true classics, it makes me sad. Like waiting in line for the latest Donna Tartt when you've not even opened Flaubert. The EdP (or PdT) and of course Parfum are also heavenly. Unlike Chanel, which changes the character with concentration, Guerlain sort of just pushes the "core" further each time. SO, the parfum is a dark, spicy, heavenly elixir. The EdT,...