or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

These are good points and I agree.Whenever I see startups for leather makers... I always have a tinge of envy/jealousy that they are making the dream a reality. BUT, when I think of these kinds of logistical stresses (and how much I know they'd give me ulcers!) .. it makes me happy just to be able to post random musings from my cushy armchair at home. Nice to see, though, that they are willing to make things right for customers and are standing by their product. (And for...
I realize it's just semantic... but semantics are what come up in google searches and sadly most people don't really read much beyond keywords. I think we should mark clearly that though the bag is damaged, it isn't really a "defect" with the bag. A defect is a manufacturing issue... eg the handles come off, the leather is discolored, or the zipper is misattached.The marks people are almost certainly due to transit/shipping. DHL or whomever the shipper is must have...
That makes sense; I agree with your last part that having some pre-selected ones will be very helpful. MOST guys looking for a bag might say "I'm doing research looking for a bag" but really they just want a suggestion or two to help wade through all the options. They aren't really in a position... or interested... in comparing the straps and buckles and how many litres of space are inside. Especially at the entry-level pricing; mostly they will be looking for a...
Yeah, I agree. I think going at your bag with paint thinner is a really bad idea. It's not really a stain, but an indentation, so I don't really know what paint thinner would do other than risk ruining/staining the entire front of your bag. I've had some bags get indentations from being up against a chair or the handles while in storage. Typically I'll just give it a very thorough moisturizing with Collonil stuff and their spray protector, or some other good leather...
That's the joy of MA+... you never know WHAT it is... except that you love it. I feel that way about a lot of the avant-garde brands (CCP, CdG, etc...)Definitely hit up the Shinjuku Isetan Mens and some of the other big stores in 3-chome. From there, depending on how much energy/time you have left, maybe ask around/do a google search for some of the tiny boutiques hidden on side streets. Do those LAST, though, because they are often shockingly hard to find for the...
Thanks! When I look for a tote for spring, I like something simple and classic, but with subtle flare that keep it from being too boring. Bottega is probably the best brand for this, but Etro and Missoni also do it very well."Flare" doesn't mean bright colors or anything gawdy, but something as simple as a contrasting stitching, use of two different types of leather, or a fun lining. I also like something softer, more slouchy, and lightweight. Spring is the time to put...
Haven't posted any of my own bags in a while, but for Spring rotation I've got this tote from Etro. It's one of those brands (like Missoni) whose stuff I look at every season and for which I've always had a soft spot, but can't really recommend to others because they're all over the map in terms of quality, price, durability, and styling. But, like Prada, Gucci, Ferragamo, or any of the other "big" brands... they can't be completely discounted because when they try, they...
That's a smart plan; too many brands get buried by trying to take on too much at once. It might also be nice to do a yearly/seasonal color that slowly expands the options. Chestnut now, and maybe next Navy, then green, etc. Stagger it to get continued interest without supersaturation.For now think like Henry Ford... you can get the bag in any color you like... as long as you like Chestnut.
Thanks! Sorry it took me a bit... but overall in terms of structure and size, it's pretty good. As I've said before, you want nothing less than 45cm, nothing more than 55 in terms of length. Otherwise, it's like a purse OR a giant suitcase. Style-wise, I think it fits nicely into the Linjer aesthetic. Looking forward to seeing a prototype!
Haven't had a chance to chime in, but I like the weekender. I'll leave it to you guys to hash out the color stuff, but in terms of structure and size, it's pretty good. As I've said before, you want nothing less than 45cm, nothing more than 55 in terms of length. Otherwise, it's like a purse OR a giant suitcase. Style-wise, I think it fits nicely into the Linjer aesthetic. Looking forward to seeing a prototype!