or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Jo Malone Black Cedarwood & Juniper today. Nice, spicy, and well blended. Not a masterpiece; like so many newer scents they are "good," but not the superlative experiences of the great noses. Worth a small bottle.
I'd put it closer to CdR than Bandit, in that it is a stinky leather chypre that is very, very seamless. It's by Paul Vacher, who also did Miss Dior... and I see the common trend between the two as a perfectly blended combo of animalic and floral notes.Bandit I find to have a clash of elements to create something surprising/shocking... which Diorling doesn't have.Now that we're talking about it, I think I'll wear CdR on my left and Diorling on my write for a...
I'm so out of the loop these days I have no idea what's the difference between Mancera and Montale. Did Pierre sell out? Change his name? Or is it an entirely different company? Has no bearing on this juice... which is a great deal. Just curious.SOTD is DIORLING today. Leather chypre... imagine Knize ten blended seamlessly with Chanel no. 5.
Just curious if anybody has sampled D&B's goods in recent months?
^You're really doing beautiful work; thanks for posting! I'd like to see a tote (or something a little less structured), just to round out your catalogue!
Cab driver eats an orange! (the best descrip I've read of Bigarade). I still think his work at TDC is some of his best. Bois d'iris is really superlative, and though much more "quiet," Osmanthus as well.DZING! for me today.
Interesting additions over the years.That's a nice list. Especially the Villoresi... there are several from his line I'd add, from Sandalo to Piper Nigrum.I'm always curious, from these lovely niche lists, how many users have sampled the old classics in their best form... the Shalimar extraits, the Vol de Nuits, Cuir de Russie Parfum, etc. They take some legwork (basically going to a Chanel flagship or Guerlain store)... but most are still detectable even in...
I feel that way with Chant d'aromes. Hermes Concentre Eau d'orange Vert tonight. Wanted something bright and fun. I've probably had 10 bottles of the original EdC over the years, but still enjoy it. I can spritz the shit out of it and it never really stays long enough to offend.Though in truth, after one explores a Roudnitska take on the citrus note (either in Eau Fraiche, Diorella, Mario Valentino Ocean Rain, or the original Eau Sauvage), anything else seems a little...
Good choice.And a trip to the wine cooler.
That's great! I agree that there are very few (even among my favorites) that I could say are STUNNING. Many I like, even love, but stunning is rare. Jicky, Diorella, etc. are amazing creations... but I wouldn't really call them stunning. The one that pops in mind for me that did that as a recent scent was Portrait of a Lady. Another probably is the vintage Patou JOY extrait... that intensity of rose is, well... stunning.