or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

WANT is nice, especially for men's bags. Personally I don't just LOVE them, though, and, in truth I own nothing from them in my own collection. They used to be a better bargain than they are now, too. As a brand gets (or passes) that critical $1000 mark... it runs into a lot of competition and starts looking less and less like a "Must" unless it is doing something really, really extraordinary.Definitely look at McQueen for your GF; I think it might make a lovely gift....
Unfortunately my knowledge/experience with women's bags is really quite limited. But just to throw one out there I like? Alexander McQueen. Pricey? Yes. But (IME) quality is good and the prices don't feel egregious. Design is great, and they add a hint of flare to classic bags that are still very wearable. Here is a link to their SS14 women's collection; I think there is a lot of neat stuff in...
Interest Check in a Calvin Klein Collection Laptop Briefcase. Came from the Madison avenue store back in 2008 or so. I've used it some, but it's still in excellent shape. Retail was $1695, made in Italy. Comes with tags and dustbag. Size is approximately 16X13X5 with removable leather strap. Two compartments, one for a laptop with velcro leather straps, the other for folders. This is a GREAT bag in a great style/color... dark espresso brown with a grain similar to LV...
+1. I think it's really important that members reading this (or my review thread) have practical expectations when they place an order or (especially) when they get their bag. I don't think any of us following/chatting from the start about Linjer said they were a good alternative to Hermes or Valextra.edit;Maximus Mark above, though, mentions Zegna. I probably WOULD buy Linjer before Zegna, as nothing about the vast majority of their business bags I've seen has impressed...
New in box with dustbag. 3.1 Phillip Lim X Tatami "Triton" model sandals. Black leather with cork footbed. Retail was around $175-200. Made in Japan. Size is 44 (US 11). Fits more or less true to size, about a 10.5-11D.
I'm curious to hear other opinions, but IMHO I don't think so. Navy is pretty subtle and (unlike black) the shades between your ensemble are almost ALWAYS slightly different. Your shoes/belt (or a tie if you wear one) will create sufficient contrast. Now if you somehow find a navy belt and navy shoes... that might be a little much. We don't really want you to look like Tom Ford 1996-97 Gucci Tone-on-tone.I also think it's a lot of fun to have one SMALL piece (like a...
Probably not your fault; I made that post after a few glasses of Malbec (haha).[/quote]I agree with you, for sure. My main point was about versatility, not really formality. And IMHO black really ISN'T very versatile... despite being the "default" option of most guys. They may think it is because that's what most everybody else does... but as JR MOUSE said... once they start to explore and expand their wardrobes a bit, I think they find that black really doesn't...
Actually, in my opinion the list goes gray, navy, mocha, cognac, followed by black at the end in terms of versatility. Unless you are wearing black... a black bag often looks wonky (like black shoes with any other color outfit). Black is probably the least versatile color, despite being the most ubiquitous currently for bags.
I personally don't think it works like suits; I think instead that bag color is related more to versatility than to formality. Bag STYLE would be more or less formal, but color more or less versatility (like belts).I would see your list more in those terms, though perhaps with black, cognac, mocha, navy in that order. Gray I'd add at the end in terms of the most versatile bag color.
Nobody wearing any Halloween scents tonight? I'm thinking of something good and dark, maybe something with copious immortelle (Dior Eau Noire, Goutal Sables) would be a good H-ween scent. Caron L'anarchiste has that copper-y "blood" note many find (which I personally dont' think is there, but purely psychological). That might be a good one though.