or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Aside from licenses, I don't even think Ferre is in business anymore.Even then, Ferre had the worst resale value of any "big" designer brand; this was true when I wrote my above post in 2007 and it's infinitely truer now in 2015. In short, I really hope you weren't seriously considering buying those shoes for $1450.
Good review. Femme is an interesting addition to the Roudie DNA. Very early in his career, along with Diorama.I'll join you spritzing just before bedtime.In the morning, maybe I'll do Moustache.
I have both the new and old. What I wore yesterday was the new. Purists on the perfume boards will have hysterics, but IMHO the new one isn't bad as far as reformulations go. I find a lot of the negativity overblown; or, if not that, maybe that when reviewers try things side by side it's hardly an objective comparison. They already love the original and have a negative impression of "corporate" parfumery... so like seeing a color transfer of their favorite B&W movie......
White-topped EdT?Mediocre it is. Same with Gardenia. Strong, fruity florals very contemporary in flavor. Not bad if you like that (and it's cheap), but not worth the extra $$$. In the long run, worth it just to tell yourself you tried it... but like a lot of those rare OOP juices... not really worth the effort. Just stick with what you like.
^Probably not much, alas. Ferre was a niche brand even at the best of times, and aside from a very few classic items and collections, they don't fetch anything at resale. AW06 and SS07, tagged "Homme Couture," were wonderfully constructed and some like to collect it... but again not much. The Ferre item you mention may not be from Gianfranco Ferre; he had no presence in ROMA, AFAIK. He was centered in Milan, and his items typically said "Ferre Milano." And all the...
Haven't worn Diorella for a few months and gave it a spin today. Couldn't stop sniffing. It's wonderful to enjoy something superlative and still be surprised by how wonderful it is. If you like Eau Sauvage, I think you'd love it. It has less of the pissy hay note and more rich fruit, but still that wonderful crisp funk. Longevity is also much better (alas, Eau Sauvage and its older cousin Eau Fraiche disappear on me pretty fast).
Great find! You should open it and wear it (as, sadly, it's not particularly rare or ultra-valuable). BUT still too nice to sit in the box. I had one of those stopper-top EdTs back a few years ago. Nice stuff, and good longevity for an EdT.Costume National SCENT for me today; I forgot I had this one. Always like it. All the versions (intense, sheer, etc.) are nice, but the original has a lovely amber/floral accord that is quite charming. Totally Unisex (though INTENSE...
Diorling for me today. Another classic in the line of badly named, gorgeous Dior scents (Diorama, Dioressence, Diorella, Diorissimo, Dior Dior). This one is not by Roudnitska, but is a nice leather chypre that sits well beside the smutty Miss Dior (the original one, not the Nat Portman abomination). Happy that many are trying these new niche scents, but don't forget the oldies. To do so would be like reading Jonathan Franzen before dipping into Tolstoy. I've said it...
They do that sometimes. Like the transmission on an old Ford, they sometimes refuse to catch second gear.
I wanted up update this thread with a review of a pair of shoes I received from AZZURAA. I've had a chance to wear them for a week or two and wanted to respond about the product and the process. Style: "Pinus" Oxford punched cap toe shoes Size: Bespoke Color: Cinnamon calf exterior; black kid lining Price: $429 Website: http://www.azzuraa.com/ Executive summary: Worth it? YES. Especially for those who have non-standard sized feet or substantial differences between...