or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Recap Roundup: All the Fashion That’s Fit to Wear In case you missed some of the fashion from Florence over the past several weeks, here’s a quick recap with links of the interviews and coverage for some of what you’ll be seeing on the street and in the stores later this year. Join the discussion! Barena: Great fabrics, unique colors, and a great silhouette for casual, relaxed Venetian menswear. One of my favorites of the season. Florentino: Etro meets Junya at a much...
^You are welcome! It was a pleasure to review the items and talk to Ohba-san. Unfortunately, they also need some revision on their website, as it doesn't do the items justice, but it's got a lot more pictures and such. With their quality, history, and network of artisans, I definitely think that they could grow and become an excellent go-to brand that is at the top level without attracting too much attention. There will be several more like this coming in the next few...
Product Review: OHBA A4 Business Bag Japan isn't just known for its unique, quirky streetwear, but also for a long history of artisanal tailors, shoemakers, and leather craftsmen. One of the best of these is the brand OHBA, a leather maker with a long history in Japan, who has recently branched out into international distribution. I've often viewed OHBA in Japan at stores like Isetan and Mitsukoshi, but I had a chance to speak with designer and CEO Kozo Ohba in...
This week is a bit of indulgence and a trip into fashion’s history with two of the biggest names of Couture: Azzaro and Lagerfeld. Alongside the small artisanal Japanese brands, the Italian tailors, and the leather companies were these two names at Pitti83, back with licensed mid-priced lines, and I had a chance to check them out. Azzaro: in fashion history, Azzaro stands as one of the great couturiers, famous for his extravagant playfulness and innovative design, a...
Bmca, the pictures came from ones the SF team snapped at the Pitti Uomo show in Florence in January. MISMO had a booth there of its collections we were able to review.
I haven't tried any new Kouros, so I'm not sure! As for RG, it was completely changed in 2003 under Gucci Group... not just reformulated. The bottle is the same, but the juice is really quite different. Whether it is worth it just depends on how much it costs to find it... the current one is still fun, so if it were $20 but vintage was $150, i'd just go with new. If new is $40 and the vintage $50, then get the vintage.
Okay, all this YSL chat will make me break out some old-school YSL RG (the one in the blue aluminum can!): aldehydes, jasmine, green leaves, and chrome.
See, not only did you smell great, but you performed a valuable public service!
Hey fellas! You may have noticed, but I've been featuring a number of bag companies recently on the site's main page and in SW&D. Take a look! Covered MISMO this time and WANT Les Essentiels last time, which several of you have asked about before. Will also be covering a few more premium makers (meaning $$$ but absolutely superlative) in the next few weeks, including my ultimate favorite from pitti, the Danish maker GRAAE.
MISMO: Great quality and classic styles from Denmark Ten years ago men had few options for excellent leather bags, but thankfully these days it's possible to find a wide range of designers looking to make excellent products for a variety of aesthetic tastes. I’ve tried to feature some of those over the past few months, and one of my favorites was the Danish maker MISMO. While a brand like Daniel & Bob features a soft, relaxed Italian feel, and WANT Les Essentiels a more...