or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Excellent info and advice; thanks!Excellent. Working hard and enjoying IRL existence... so not online much.
Thank you, sir.
Thanks! yes, I tried the GP forum but it was a little overwhelming for "general" viewing. I'm not a watch expert and just buy based on (1) my aesthetic interests, (2) if I can afford it, and (3) (if vintage/used) if the seller is someone I know and/or trust!When I bought it we had the back off and so I should have written down the numbers, but didn't think about it at the time. Will definitely do next time I'm at my local jeweler who services my goods. I think it's from...
Vintage Girard-Perregaux manual. Simple, classic, easy to read, flies under the radar.
I've got many fountain pens, but am always on the lookout for more. Looking for unique and interesting ones available at relatively affordable prices ($0-$250). If you have some languishing in the closet unloved, send them my way. NOT interested in Montblanc marble gold things valued in the $X000's. These will be pens I USE on a daily basis. Love Sailor, Pilot, older Parker, Cross, etc. Quiet, subdued, fun, or interesting. Let me know! For shipping purposes,...
I'm not dead (haha).I just don't have time to post/read the forum much anymore.'IRL is taking up much more of my time these days... which (if I do say so myself) isn't a bad thing.
SOLD 6/6/13. THANKS. CONUS shipping/paypal included. Calvin Klein Collection lawyer's briefcase. Made in Italy from black box calf and palladium hardware. Beautiful item, built like a tank and will last forever. Retail was $1700. Large format, measures about 16X14. GREAT bag for professional use or travel. In excellent shape; I've barely used it. BUT, please note that all box calf shows marks, and so there are a few surface marks. Comes with Dustbag NOTE: the...
Paypal/CONUS shipping included. Spring/Summer 2011 Calvin Klein Collection Runway Duffle. Dove Gray Nylon/leather Keepall/weekender (50cm carry-on size) Made in Italy, New with Tags. Retail price on tag: $955 Quality is excellent; at least as good (or better) than the "major" players like YSL, Gucci, Prada, etc. I'd compare it to the Prada V20 or the Jil standard nylon/napa leather duffle for size and style. Not many people know CK Collection and think of "Calvin...
Spring! Given various requests up above one ought to link to (my) former thread of spring recs. Anyway, in my neighborhood some "april showers" today so need something green that will pair with the humidity... hence Chanel no. 19 EdT (vintage). Reformulated is wearable, but don't forget that the EdP is NOT just a more concentrated EdT... but instead an entirely different fragrance. I recommend an EdC, EdT, or Parfum... and the more vintage the better. Search for...
^Agreed. There was a FW season of Lagerfeld Gallery back in 2004 (IIRC) that had all these great, large palladium zippers everywhere. It was very neat... Lagerfeld but with a twist. Beyond that (when Lagerfeld himself got skinny), you are right that basically its All Dior, All the Time. I've always found it slightly odd that Lagerfeld was such an uninspired menswear designer, given that his work at Chanel (and the brand DNA itself) was basically taking hints from...