or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Got my navy portfolio today; I'm really happy with it. This was one ordered on faith (meaning I didn't see it in sample form before ordering) and I have to say that pound-for-pound it just might be the best piece in your collection. Functional, size is great, love the color/feel of the leather, the layout of the inside... and of course the price. The subtle handle on the side is also a really nice addition. Unfortunately, a portfolio isn't as "sexy" as a weekender or...
Those are both good points. One should also realize that a canvas strap also isn't an automatic sign of poor quality or "cheapness," even if it is economically more feasible for a brand's bottom line to use one. I applaud Jenn's candor above about the reasons behind the switch... but think it could easily be misread.Here, for example, is a $7300 Hermes bag with a canvas/textile strap, no doubt chosen less for economy than durability, lightness of weight, and fit (as...
That's a good point I didn't consider.re: handlegate... I giggled as well. I didn't know anybody else was calling it that! It's a great name for it, though. Let's just hope that in the taped recordings from the Linjer Oval Office between Jenn/Roman and their Chiefs of Staff they use nicer language than Tricky Dick.
I actually agree, all things being equal. However, for me leather or canvas wouldn't be a dealbreaker, because I won't use the strap anyway (I feel the same about straps on weekenders as I do about totes... but I digress). The dealbreaker, as I'm sure Jenn and Roman have realized... would be the final MSRP. Each little detail added also adds $$$, and I suspect they are already with all the nice little extras in there getting close to that ever-dangerous, thin line...
Am I really posting in this thread? Well, yes! Perhaps some of you know, but I'm now a homeowner of some property once belonging to my folks down in KY. Out in the country. Plenty of wild animals, snakes, and potential undesirables who drive slowly past in old trucks. Police and fire far enough away to make a difference. I've inherited a Mossberg shotgun that sits behind my door. Any recommendations for a good, affordable pistol that will make a difference... but...
YAAAY! Absolutely agree. When I read all you fellows trying all the newest niche stuff, without having tried the true classics, it makes me sad. Like waiting in line for the latest Donna Tartt when you've not even opened Flaubert. The EdP (or PdT) and of course Parfum are also heavenly. Unlike Chanel, which changes the character with concentration, Guerlain sort of just pushes the "core" further each time. SO, the parfum is a dark, spicy, heavenly elixir. The EdT,...
No confidence to post old fit pics, but I did today randomly find in an old box of files this invitation from way-back-when. Good memories. I distinctly recall being pretty broke that winter. BUT, I did have several great pairs of pants, several Egyptian cotton sweaters with all the weird bondage straps, a canvas rucksack, a carpenter's bag, and a coated cotton peacoat built to withstand mortar fire.
Chamade EdT for a wonderfully nice Spring day. I've been waiting for months for the right day for this one. The best of "early spring/early fall" scents. Hyacinth, Guerlinade, and a wonderful spicy note (carnation?) that pushes it from floral into unisex territory. Ignore the floral/powder "grandma" blast at the front and watch how wonderfully it develops after a few minutes.
I understand the feeling by Linjer to provide as much point-for-point information as possible, but I encourage them maybe to let the thread be for now and handle the issues on a case-by-case basis. I think they've explained things clearly and are obviously going to stand by their product. I don't think much more can be accomplished through added explanations or replies to each and every comment, except to go further (and unnecessarily) on the defensive, derail the thread,...
This was my main reason for doing my initial review. For the money AT RETAIL, I thought they couldn't be beat. I also purchased a few more items since then and have been equally pleased.I also think your comment above about this being an initial launch is very apt; members were also given considerable discounts in order to be early backers. In short, while again I don't think members should just "deal" with this problem... I do think some patience, consideration, and...