or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

^See if you can find Montale Chypre Vanille sometime, if you are into vanilla scents. I'm NOT, but that one was a very unique take on the note. For me, a little vanilla goes a long way, and outside the "guerlinade' base it usually becomes too sweet for me. BUT, the Montale was quite different. But, full disclosure, I traded away my bottle 4-5 (maybe six?) years ago, so again I can't remember specifically what made it unique, except at the time that I remember saying,...
Thanks, parker. +1 on the HL (the EdC or the EdP?) Both are wonderful and created by one of my favorite "noses," Maurice Roucel (who also made Bond Riverside Drive, Malle Musc Ravageur, just to name a few).As others have mentioned, we have some good, ongoing fragrance threads in the Health & Beauty section. With "Scent of the Day," the last month or two worth have really been excellent. Many posters branching out, trying new things, and not being afraid to look in some...
You're welcome. It's all just intended to help you make a better profit. With designer and/or luxe stuff, image is important. Think about it... why do Gucci or Louis vuitton maintain stores on madison Ave that cost millions of dollars per month in a lease? Image.If they had a broken down store in an alleyway and, upon entering, told you "eh, I don't know much about this stuff, but here's the bag," it's doubtful they could get thousands of bucks for stuff.Best of luck...
^Puts the wonderful Monty Python "Mr. Creosote" sketch in perspective! "I'll have the lot." "Would Monsieur like it all... mixed up in a bucket?"
Excellent post; very interesting and I especially agree with the bolded. What I find equally offensive is that such an attitude is, obviously, enabled by toadying customers who want to use dining as an accessory or chance to name drop (I dined at so-and-so!)It reminds me of an older colleague I had who was a gourmand, world-traveler, opera fan, etc. He and his wife spent a fortune on all of these things, and as I got to know him better, I realized he really had no taste...
I have almost no opinion of the EdP, as IIRC it's one of those Chanel EdPs (N5, Cristalle) that are a "reinterpretation" of the original. I remember sniffing it and going "huh?" But, IIRC it's friendlier and more floral, but I can't really say. I also didn't try the Poudre flanker...As for other scents, galbanum in large doses would give a green, resinous sort of vibe... not dry, but sort of oily in character. The old stinker Bandit EdT and Balmain Vent Vert come to...
It seems, as evident on this thread, that at some point the dynamic of fine dining changed from something of a service to something like entertainment. The distinction is that I always considered dining in the same category as staying at a hotel or getting a haircut: the more you pay the more it becomes catered to exactly what you want. I would assume, based on their posts, matt and the OP would be in this batch. On the other hand, it never occured to me that dining is...
Overall, yes. The classic Jil tailormade has been produced since the late 1990's, with little alteration. Very high armholes, little waist suppression, relatively narrow shoulders, LONG sleeves.Though, under Raf's tenure, it became slightly larger in silhouette. In any case, a nice suit and a deal at $300. I'd probably pay $500 or so for a good, classic color/fabric, unused Jil tailormade that was in my size.Did that pic come from the seller? if so, he's an SF member,...
$300 for Tailor made is a good deal. Tag looks like a Prada-period Sander suit. I've had many Jil suits and loved them. That's a good price if you like the aesthetic (not particularly slim, but sort of long and "boxy" slim). Sleeves will probably be quite long, and will have workable buttonholes, so adjusting them will require more effort than other suits. But, the suit was perhaps $2000 retail, so even if it required $150 in alterations, $450 is a good deal. To...
Good points. Also, the whole "I don't know much about this suit" routine basically gives the impression that I (as a customer) shouldn't pay much money for it. If you dont know much about it, study and learn what it is, and mark it accordingly. A listing and layout from a seller who appears to know his stuff will fetch more money than one who looks like he stumbled upon some suits at a thrift store and is just seeing what he can get from it.If you know nothing about it,...