or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Lowbeam bulb on the car is out... and the dealer tells me to replace it, they have to basically take off the entire front end. $10 bulb... $160 in labor. Thank you Japanese engineers. I think this is revenge for WWII.
+1. Navy, like gray, is one of those wonderful colors for a bag that go with everything. BUT, looking objectively, I think it's smart they are starting with black/brown just in terms of marketability.I sort of disagree with the member above who mentioned green. It looks great in pictures and is one of those colors I always think I'm going to love... but then when I've had green stuff (LV's now-discontinued taiga in Epiciea, for example) I always found it really hard to...
Good choices. As well, I guess I should have mentioned that whether one has EdC, EdT, or Parfum of CdR (and whether any of those concentrations are reformulated or not) will slightly offset the character of both the leather punch and the civet/stink/babyshit notes.Did you ever try TDC Bois d'iris? It was always my personal favorite Iris.
Did you try Cuir de Russie (Chanel), Cuir d'ottoman (Parfum d'empire) or Derby (Guerlain)? Given what you said above, the latter two might NOT be a hit.Lighter, sweeter, or less "funky" leathers would be Creed REL (Royal English Leather) or HL Cuiron.If you can still find it cheap, maybe also give Bandit EdT a spritz (NOT the EdP). It's pretty harsh, but like CdR a classic worth at least one wearing.I personally like even the reforumlated Caron Tabac Blond but given how...
I finished up my last bottle of LV Musk probably 4-5 years ago. It was also always one of my favorites. It just might have to make it back into my "essentials" rotation. I'm missing a decent musk.That's one issue with having a big collection OR trying to keep up with new releases; you tend to forget some that you really liked and your brain (from exhaustion, if nothing else!) tends to focus just on the exemplars. Like, it's easy for me to rattle off "Jicky, Diorella,...
Good points above, Fazilmajid.+1. As well, I don't think you can patent a bag DESIGN, so long as it doesn't infringe on a trademark. Virtually every brand has something close to the Hermes Birkin, Plume, or Victoria only with a different label and tweaks.Delvaux didn't originate that style, too; I think they just managed to get the most publicity for it recently. Old photos from the 20's/30's/40's or some of the vintage Hermes bespoke auctions will find various bags...
I've been enjoying the discussion on the new affiliate thread I linked above... so I want to put out there that I plan to support their launch by getting the cognac portfolio when it is available. Manbaggers of the world, unite! http://www.linjer.co/products/portfolio-cognac One can never have enough portfolios... here are a few of mine.
ps... I have too many briefcases/messengers as it is, but I'd like to support the brand... so I for one (will put in writing!) that I'll buy a cognac portfolio when the kickstarter launch goes. You need about 200 orders to get off the ground, right? Come on SF... let's get to work! Edit to Taxgenius below: reading the OP and viewing the website, it appears to be something of a "soft launch" that will expand if the initial designs sell well enough. I applaud them for...
Some more ideas: Looking at your website, I like its simple, direct, clean format. I absolutely HATE designer sites that have tons of flash, videos, music, etc. or ones with pop-ups and distracting links hidden all over the place. I miss Helmut Lang's old website (back when he was at the helm)... it was a model of simplicity and yet was organized with lots of archived information. BUT, looking at the bags (especially the soft brief), I'd like to see a picture of the...
^Neat! Yes, Azzaro PH was a HUGE one back in the day; it was so often copied and built upon in other forms that smelling it now leaves one unimpressed. I imagine when it first came out, it probably was quite distinct, in the same way that CK Eternity, Platinum Egoiste, etc. were once pretty unique marine fougere but now smell just like every third fragrance that comes out. It's now the last batch of warm summery/early fall days, so I need to wear Ocean Rain more before...