or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Nice choices, fellas. The 50 years of Hedione above sounds interesting. I enjoy those kinds of things, conceptually if not as an actual scent (anybody remember Helmut Lang Velviona?) It's almost time for bed and I'm nursing a small cold... so not feeling like wearing much of any fragrance. I shall make sacrifices, however, for I haven't NOT worn a scent to bed in years. Maybe a little Arpege to tuck me in.
It seems to afflict every brand from watchmakers to parfumeries to bagmakers. I don't think there is a single one out there whose prices today aren't drastically higher than just a few years ago, with little to no changes in quality of manufacture.Anyway, we're living in a pretty interesting time, fashion wise... I'm curious how in twenty years we'll look back on all the explosion and all the hype. I've said it many times, but if you look at the state of things in 1995...
Interesting post! But, I disagree, if for no other reason than because Hedi is at YSL, which (like Eudora Welty speaking of Faulkner) must be like "living next door to a mountain." Obviously, that raises the stakes for what he does, and about surprising innovation... because YSL himself managed somehow to do all the things you describe above as being impossible for nearly three decades.In any case, your point is quite apt, and also many times we've all discussed the...
Exactly. Grabbing a phone call, a pen to write a quick note or sign something, a train pass, etc. (or basically anything you'd put in the front pockets) can't be gotten to quickly with a buckle.Looking more closely at the pic, it appears that the top leather part may unbutton, not buckle. In that case, that may solve some of the "access" problem, but then leads to another dilemma... why have the buckles at all? There really is very little reason to need to have an...
We have one thread going, but it was down in the "fine living" section and so others may have missed it. Nice pens, btw! http://www.styleforum.net/t/61570/writing-instruments/0_100
If you don't mind used, the (now discontinued) LV taiga line in "epicea" (dark green) isn't bad. There are lots of it about on ebay and other places, and the Taiga line wasn't as highly faked. I had a few small pieces in this color/leather and they held up pretty well. Only thing to make sure is that the interior lining isn't flaking, which was a problem on some LV items.
The only three real "full on" floral extraits I've had were Chamade, Chanel Gardenia, and Diorissimo. The first two, I felt, worked better as an EdT. The lightness and freshness of the florals felt a little heavy to me and overly-sweet when full-on in the parfum (probably an inevitable result of parfum-strength vanilla/tonka in many florals). They were still lovely, of course (especially Chamade). Diorissimo, however, was amazing as a parfum; the bright lily/jasmine was...
You guys DO realize this is Lafont, right? Lafont of the Gucci loafers? Lafont of the TIffany keyring? Lafont of the Tiffany keyfob with Gucci loafer coating in monogrammed Tiffany silver? Please read his former threads; he's an SF classic.
Depends on how much you want. Probably 7.5ml ~$55-60, 10ml for $70-75, 15 for $100-105, and 20ml for $130-135. That would include shipping and such.If you've got a 15ml coming, you probably won't need more. 15ml of pure parfum should last you a long time. In any case, I've got a sales thread up of stuff I'm trying to sell for him before I leave; I think its against the rules to post links, but click on my profile and you can find it. There's a whole slew of random stuff...
Welcome. I have fond memories of Scent Intense; had a bottle or two way back when. You are right that it lasts forever! I found it much better for evening wear than day wear (felt a little too "dark" to wear in daylight hours), but a lot of fun. If you like it, you may also want to try Ungaro III.Never tried the Beluga; for a Guerlain fan, I've never ventured beyond the classics. So, while I can go all day long about Jicky or Shalimar, I know nothing about Cuir, Double...