or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

We have one thread going, but it was down in the "fine living" section and so others may have missed it. Nice pens, btw! http://www.styleforum.net/t/61570/writing-instruments/0_100
If you don't mind used, the (now discontinued) LV taiga line in "epicea" (dark green) isn't bad. There are lots of it about on ebay and other places, and the Taiga line wasn't as highly faked. I had a few small pieces in this color/leather and they held up pretty well. Only thing to make sure is that the interior lining isn't flaking, which was a problem on some LV items.
The only three real "full on" floral extraits I've had were Chamade, Chanel Gardenia, and Diorissimo. The first two, I felt, worked better as an EdT. The lightness and freshness of the florals felt a little heavy to me and overly-sweet when full-on in the parfum (probably an inevitable result of parfum-strength vanilla/tonka in many florals). They were still lovely, of course (especially Chamade). Diorissimo, however, was amazing as a parfum; the bright lily/jasmine was...
You guys DO realize this is Lafont, right? Lafont of the Gucci loafers? Lafont of the TIffany keyring? Lafont of the Tiffany keyfob with Gucci loafer coating in monogrammed Tiffany silver? Please read his former threads; he's an SF classic.
Depends on how much you want. Probably 7.5ml ~$55-60, 10ml for $70-75, 15 for $100-105, and 20ml for $130-135. That would include shipping and such.If you've got a 15ml coming, you probably won't need more. 15ml of pure parfum should last you a long time. In any case, I've got a sales thread up of stuff I'm trying to sell for him before I leave; I think its against the rules to post links, but click on my profile and you can find it. There's a whole slew of random stuff...
Welcome. I have fond memories of Scent Intense; had a bottle or two way back when. You are right that it lasts forever! I found it much better for evening wear than day wear (felt a little too "dark" to wear in daylight hours), but a lot of fun. If you like it, you may also want to try Ungaro III.Never tried the Beluga; for a Guerlain fan, I've never ventured beyond the classics. So, while I can go all day long about Jicky or Shalimar, I know nothing about Cuir, Double...
Good looking bag. Don't know how much I'd like, over time, fiddling with straps to get into the front pockets (which, essentially, should be easy access for quickly needed stuff), but aesthetically it's lovely.I find I like the LOOKS of buckle-type bags much more than I like them in person. Though they are stylistically less pleasing, a simple snap or zipper closure makes it much easier for me to get to whatever I need.
Paypal/CONUS Shipping included. 50ml/1.7oz TIFFANY FOR MEN cologne. A lovely, classic chypre by Jaques Polge of Chanel fame. Retails $60, mine is about 90% full (see picture). PRICE:$32
I had the same reaction to NE. Given how much I enjoyed bigarade concentree and vetiver extraordinaire (and Portrait of a Lady, Parfum de therese, etc etc), I really wanted to like NE more than I did.Ps. Nice to see Mr. Guerlain; I remember reading and enjoying many posts of his back in the day on Basenotes.SOTD today is Climat de Lancome; it's an old floral aldehyde along the lines of Madame Rochas. Jin threw it in for free with the other stuff I picked up for some...
I had Cafe Noir way back when... and IIRC I got it from Ava herself back when she was active on basenotes (also in the trading/swapping section!) I miss those old days... for about two years in 2003-05 the site was great and had some really smart folk there.Coco for me today; haven't worn it in a while but will give it a ride. Great 80's powerhouse oriental... louder than Opium, though less resiny... a little gourmandy/chocolate... and in parfum a wonderful, dark smoke...