or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Calvin Klein Collection has long been one of my favorite brands; it's hard to call it "under the radar" but even still among the big brands it tends to get overlooked. One reason has been that it's notoriously hard to find unless you lived in LA or NYC. It seems like they are trying to do something about that; in addition to being stocked by some major retailers, they finally have established an online presence with their current season...
Ah! Another chance, Such whimsy notwithstanding, I miss teh RJ. Robot begs for love Skyward winter snows descend Who the F*$& ARE you?
^Tooklookbook
Agreed. Jeez. That's like buying the whole "OZU COLLECTION" from Criterion for a single weekend. The original Givenchy Monsieur for me today... the crisp hesperides masterpiece.
I do! I have some of their portfolios and leather envelopes. Really nice stuff; I think an Italian factory bought a license with an American name. Good quality, especially when you find it on discount. I'll try to update this post with some pics of my goods when I have a chance.Pics aren't great, but here are two A4-sized leather enveloped in a nice vegetable-tanned/bridle leather. Thick, sturdy, and fit documents for meetings.I have a strict policy where I get rid of a...
Fair enough! I know the Stella pretty well; as you said it's a very classic MJ Style. At the end of the day, if you like it and it works for you, that is all that matters. I still question its durability/styling as a men's bag... but at this point it's all just academic.Compare, for example, when he did the buckle on his men's bags back in 2011/2012. It's not a stark difference... but varying the size coupled with a few important tweaks (less rounded at the bottom,...
^ Colabear, have you seen the bag in person or just online? 16X12 is probably measured when the bag is empty and flat; you'll lose an inch or two when you fill it up with stuff. You've also got a rounded bottom (slightly tapered), as well as a larger handle/strap drop than a comparable briefcase. You'd be amazed what an inch or two of depth/height or in the strap drop can do to separate "men's tote" and "women's purse." Verdict: I'd avoid; I think this one is definitely...
edit; double post!
BV is always a good bet. The quality is good, the styling is timeless, and in Japan right now it's one of the big "IT" brands that will fetch a decent price at the Recycle shops should you decide to part with it. LV, Prada, etc. have sort of run their course and look a little 'old hat.' Tomas Maier has done a great job of keeping the brand interesting and relevant without jumping the shark. He consistently produces nice collections that show an obvious DNA to the brand,...
Brand: Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) Rive Gauche by Stefano Pilati Style: Portadocumenti in Bufalo (Document Holder in Buffalo) Material: Dark Espresso Brown buffalo leather. Interior lined in brown canvas. Model/Serial Number: 157882-204990 Season: Autumn/Winter 2006 Hardware: LAMPO zippers with YSL brass zipper pulls. Country of Manufacture: ITALY Size: 14X10, features two gussets/areas with leather divider. Condition: GOOD (8/10). Shows some wear, but no major...