or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Assuming you can follow through, that's not a bad turnaround time for a pre-season/pre-order.That's one of the biggest threats/changes to perception caused by "fast fashion" (Zara, H&M, etc.); by cutting so many corners on quality, they can get the styles copied from the runway and in the stores in a matter of weeks. Right now in Paris VIP clients are looking at samples in the LV, Dior, YSL, etc. showrooms for goods that they won't actually receive until late next spring...
That's interesting. Art of Shaving Sandalwood gave me a eucalyptus explosion. Body Kouros I got a weird, spicy skin scent that slapped everybody else in the room. It was one of the few scents in my collection I could clearly over-apply (yes, you can cause problems in a traincar with overapplication of Jicky... but really it's just that people want to sit very close to you). CN Scent Intense was another. When they made the red-bottle parfum version I honestly thought...
L'inc, ignore the detractors! Go for pre-shower, post-shower, and mid-shower. When I was on sabbatical/research year and rarely even had to leave the house I still wore fragrances all throughout the day. I spritz before bed. I spritz before I mow the lawn. I spritz when I'm opening a beer. I even sometimes spritz a book I'm reading. SOTD: Finishing up that bottle of D'orsay I found earlier this week. Nice but with the explosion of great scents in the past 5 years,...
Oh yeah, I'd say your word is pretty good 'round these parts. And if the navy sample is anything like the black... we may have to go full "thunderdome" to see who ends up with it. Oh, the stories we could tell about selling and group buys. Yowzers. I offered a courtesy at cost/group buy on some Sander shoes back in 2005 or so at like 80% off retail through a connection I had back then. I'll NEVER do that again.
Not very good. The Gianfranco Ferre mainline was always one of my favorites, but their two diffusion lines (Ferre Milano and GF Ferre) were some of the worst in the business. GF Ferre was the third and lowest line, targeted at a younger client and often for the Eastern Europe/Asian market.I'd avoid it unless you got it very cheaply.
(edit; sorry for the wall of text.) Executive Summary: Active/vocal posters are EXEMPLARY, not really REPRESENTATIVE. SO, seller/affiliates be cautious. And the wall of text: While of course I appreciate that the Linjer-folk are listening to our requests and free "food for thought," at the end of the day I hope that they take most of it with a grain of salt... at least until they get up and running and have a secure revenue stream. I say that only because Hroi,...
Good point; I went back and edited to avoid confusion. I just meant that at this price point, there is really nothing I don't like about it or any major "OMG!" warning signs that I usually find in affordable/mid-priced bags. At some future point after they get off the ground I DEFINITELY want to see added colors (navy/espresso brown/etc.), but I can't really fault them for not having that at the very start when they are still just a tiny start-up. 90% of their target...
I can't speak to the messenger bag; I didn't see it up close. I'm sure when Linjer reads this they can mention why they chose nylon instead of leather for the strap.As for styling... in truth, you and me probably AREN'T their target customer given how many bags we already have and the pricepoints/styling we tend to use. The reason I did the review/was interested in the brand was because since making this thread back in 2009... I've gotten probably fifty (or more!)...
Mismo is a good comparison, though I think each is distinct enough that you could be a fan/customer of both without much overlap. I did some reviews of Mismo a year or two back, so I definitely like both brands. Mismo is also about twice as expensive.To your other question, get some Collonil leather protector. Linjer says on their main thread they are developing a line of products, but until they do get the spray can of the Collonil stuff (I think it's called "Colonil...
Short answer... YES.It's certainly better than Coach, better than most of the "major" brands, but definitely not an LV Nomade, Hermes Barenia, or Swaine Adeney Brigg (nor is it meant to be). (full disclosure; Hermes Berenia is oil tanned, not vege... but still).Longer answer... LT was sort of going for an older/more established clientele and used different kinds of leather (their "flagship" was a softer grained calf than a vege-tanned cowhide), so it's not really a...