or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Nashville Auto Diesel; Ezell Beauty School
^Never heard of that one! Jeez... I'm so out of the loop. I always liked Eau Noire, though the immortelle put off a lot. What is the Goutal one with tons of immortelle? I used to have it but it's slipping my mind... edit; Sables.
^Good choices this week, fellas. Meetings today... coolish fall weather... sun... SOTD is Tiffany for Men. This is the original (yellow) juice... which technically is the same as the current version. But, like a lot of reformulated chypre scents, it has a deeper/richer/warmer feel where the newer ones have a somewhat harsher, dry tone. Unlike, say, Givenchy Gentleman, which is worth the hunt.. I wouldn't scour the earth in search of the old juice of TfM if you can...
Why? Nobody talked about him as a person/human being, which none of us know. I'm sure he's a perfectly nice person, pays his taxes, treats his mother well, and picks up the tab when a friend needs a beer.With fashion stylists, I suppose that because the image/public front is one's self (as opposed to paintings, movies one directed, collections one designed, etc.) it appears that people are attacking an individual when they are critical. From what I recall, the comments...
Leather talk without Knize Ten or Derby? These days it costs a mint, but Cuiron is a fun leather as well. I remember the days (not so long ago... like 2007) when you could get it for $19.99 for 100mls.
Yep, CdG scents are great. Probably the best scents available from a fashion house.
That's a good idea. Decants are a nice way to get rid of excess juice you don't need, recoup some of your investment, and still have the chance to keep/wear some for yourself. You can also sell the empty bottles to collectors on ebay, if you decide not to keep them for yourself.I haven't done decants in ages, but back in my basenotes days in the early/mid 2000's it was a lot of fun. It was also a nice way to do swaps/trades and try new stuff and meet other fragrance...
Fair enough; I hope you can get a good price for it! If you aren't buying frags for yourself to wear, though, it's not a terribly lucrative market to enter. The cardinal rule of old fragrance fans trying not to waste huge amounts of monty/time is (1) never buy blind (2) never buy it unless you plan to use it or give it as a gift and (3) never buy it expecting to resell it for $$$ (unless you pick it up for a song).The trouble is that on ebay you'll see tons of high-priced...
Haha, I didn't see your location bc I focused on your screen name!Spring is just as good. Warm, not hot... and cool... not cold... give the perfect match for Miss Dior. It feels harsher/flat in the winter and a little too stinky in summer. But spring/fall it's perfect. Diorella or eau Fraiche is great for hot, sultry summer (or Eau Sauvage of course)
4 oz is about 120-125ml. It's a nice find... but if you are thinking of selling IMHO I doubt it's either that old, Baccarat, or all that valuable.As far as Diors go, parfum is where the value lies, or ones that have been discontinued: Dior Dior, Eau Fraiche, Diorama, Diorling, etc. Miss Dior and Diorissimo were available for so long and in so many forms they are less sought after or found relatively easily.Unless you paid a lot for it and need to recoup an investment, I'd...