or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Definitely I'd say no logo is the way to go; if a bag is nice enough in quality and design, it doesn't really need anything else. And, if somebody else likes your bag enough, they'll ask what the brand is and it's easy enough to tell them. Something small (like a heat stamp or some embossing) on the INSIDE is probably fine, though. But definitely nothing on the outside.How did you come up with the name? And how is it pronounced?In any case, it seems like an interesting...
Curious if anybody has received their bags yet and wanted to comment, add to, or rebut my review? Hope the delivered product was as nice as the sample I reviewed. Looking forward to the $18,000 Special Edition 2017 version in matte alligator and sterling silver hardware. (haha j/k)
^Interesting; thanks for the pic and information. The bag I had years ago was the third back from the front... the boston/duffle bag with strap. They are very hard wearing... you could probably fall out of an airplane and the bag would still hold up. My issue was just the styling... but if it fits with your aesthetic, pricepoint, and you like it... you could certainly do worse quality wise.
Everybody loves to lament reformulations, but in most cases the changes aren't really all that bad. I like Chanel PM in the current form. Even Mitsouko and (sacrilege!) Jicky and Shalimar aren't bad. Miss Dior was pretty good right up until they changed the name a year or two back.Aside from the 2000 incarnation of L'interdit that was an entirely different fragrance... one of the only other scents that unequivocally has been destroyed in reformulation is Givenchy...
Interesting! Certain things I think are key for a work tote... one is interior lining or pockets (which you have). Otherwise your stuff just flops around. Another is a leather thickness/type that will be functional for work and will keep its shape. Many pick a leather too "slouchy" that only looks good when absolutely full or is too soft/delicate for business settings.Other things like removable straps, buckles, flaps, zippers, "feet" or additions to the bottom of the...
Like AG Spalding, IIRC it's a brand that HAD a true heritage, but sold its name to an Italian license/factory.In any case, it's very popular in Japan; I've never really seen it much elsewhere. Pricing is surprisingly high (at retail very close to the other "big" brands), and quality is pretty good. The issue is if you can deal with the styling... almost everything has a big HUNTING WORLD logo and an elephant smattered on it somewhere. I had a shopper tote and a travel...
I was building off your "murse" comments. I'm not a big fan of either one, really; Goyard quality is okay but the pricing is beyond crazy for coated canvas. Burberry has never impressed me with its bags even in the PRORSUM line (styling on the runway bags is sometimes okay, but the leathers, hardware, and linings are often shoddy). As well, the other Burberry lines tend to have extraordinarily derivative styling; I mean, studs? It's like when Prada suddenly started...
Good question and I'll be curious to hear their reasons,. Personally, I'm glad they didn't. I'm also glad they didn't put metal feet on the bottom.The thread is getting pretty long and harder to read in one sitting... but IIRC we discussed strap or no for the tote a pages back. If you want a shoulder strap, buy a messenger is my opinion. A tote looks awful when it's worn with a strap; it bends and warps to the contours of your body. A top-handled bag is meant to be...
Great; the dark brown sounds lovely. Zagliani is one of those tough brands to find accurate info; they made that bag in many sizes, many colors, and sold it in several places (mostly in Europe). It's also not really popular enough that there are committed databases/resources for their seasons online.IIRC, the "tomodachi" has also been offered several different seasons. The prices varied, the materials varied, as did the sizes. It's the draw (and irritation!) of buying...
It's called the Tomodachi bag (do a search for "Zagliani Tomodachi" and you'll get lots of images and various colors/leathers.)Is yours the black one? They also made a really nice midnight blue that season (in fact I think the dark blue was the one I almost snagged).Apparently it was even more $$$ than I remembered; it says here $2655:http://www.lyst.com/bags/zagliani-brown-big-tomodachi-supersoft-calf-luggage/